Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #4261
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Holy sheet! Stag Arms has announced a TWO YEAR backorder on Uppers, lowers, and rifles!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #4262
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

NRA guys, check it http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/142...d_.html&page=1
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #4263
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

hmm... temping on the life offer...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #4264
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

u see my post about Stag?
Daniel Defense is backordered thru the end of 2013 as well. I think AR prices are going to stay relatively high for the near future, ban or no ban. Demand>Supply
Old 01-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #4265
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
hmm... temping on the life offer...
Do it! I became a lifer back in '08
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #4266
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Wow... just got this email from Midway...

That's pretty strong language coming from a BIG company like that.... usually the big companies stay a little more on the calm side of things and are not so dire in their wording.

Dear FRANCIS CARDULLO,

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #4267
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

****ing scare tactics. I hate when companies fear monger. Parts will still be available
Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #4268
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
****ing scare tactics. I hate when companies fear monger. Parts will still be available
yeah. thing is, only thing in MY backorder thats in stock and ready to ship a hand guard - wup dee doo!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #4269
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
u see my post about Stag?
Daniel Defense is backordered thru the end of 2013 as well. I think AR prices are going to stay relatively high for the near future, ban or no ban. Demand>Supply
Yea but yet I can tell a dealer that's has a few(DDM4 V7) on the shelf for $1599 and they aren't moving, been there since Wednesday.....

Over the weekend at a big show, many priced from $1800-$2500 just sitting around collecting dust.

Lets hope the bubble has burst

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #4270
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
Got my 5.11 tactical belt. Used it while going to dinner. Awesome belt. Hold the holster great while drawing.
Great belts, don't go to the doctor for a check up and step on the scale with that on

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #4271
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
yeah. thing is, only thing in MY backorder thats in stock and ready to ship a hand guard - wup dee doo!
I guess you have mags like me on backorder?

I can't phantom an executive order.
Won't last.
Will be a waste of time.
Weapons ban won't pass Congress.
I see for sure a change with high capacity mags because some can't see I can carry 10, 10 round mags and have more ammo than 3, 30, with just a few seconds in between dropping empty one and inserting loaded one.
This can possibly pass Congress.

Amazing so many don't know why it is our forefathers wanted us to have right to bear arms.
I love when I hear the ignorant argument they didn't want us to have AR's and high capacity mags.
That only works with ignorance that doesn't realize intent was to allow the people to organize a militia and fight an oppressive tyranny government.
Love to see us do that with six shooters or muskets.

Can all help us Floridians out, even though it looks as if this poll backfired on this office.
http://www.billnelson.senate.gov/
Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #4272
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I guess you have mags like me on backorder?

I can't phantom an executive order.
Won't last.
Will be a waste of time.
Weapons ban won't pass Congress.
I see for sure a change with high capacity mags because some can't see I can carry 10, 10 round mags and have more ammo than 3, 30, with just a few seconds in between dropping empty one and inserting loaded one.
This can possibly pass Congress.

Amazing so many don't know why it is our forefathers wanted us to have right to bear arms.
I love when I hear the ignorant argument they didn't want us to have AR's and high capacity mags.
That only works with ignorance that doesn't realize intent was to allow the people to organize a militia and fight an oppressive tyranny government.
Love to see us do that with six shooters or muskets.

Can all help us Floridians out, even though it looks as if this poll backfired on this office.
http://www.billnelson.senate.gov/
This
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #4273
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I like this article, but I won't count my chickens until they are hatched: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ntcmp=HPBucket
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #4274
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

grrr. *thumbs down* sportsman's guide

I generally like em... but they won't ship a magazine larger than 30rds to Ohio, despite the fact that the law says its legal to BUY and SELL, just can't USE.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #4275
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I was just wondering, imagine if no ban, just prevent anyone taking any form of medication such as Prozac, Xanax, Ritalin, etc, from owning a gun.
That leaves 10% of America qualifying for guns.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #4276
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

I know it is hard right now guys but lets keep the politics out of here. We are walking a fine line these days but I think we can keep this about guns without mentioning what the politicians are doing or not...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #4277
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
I know it is hard right now guys but lets keep the politics out of here. We are walking a fine line these days but I think we can keep this about guns without mentioning what the politicians are doing or not...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #4278
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

, and I could well be wrong, but just to clarify a bit, I think that saying in an factual, non position discussion sort of way what is happening is OK, and supremely relevant to the topic at hand.

Of course, resisting the urge to interject commentary on that is... uhh... difficult... and usually ends up happening (like above)... hence, not so ok.

Generally speaking:
"What the politicians are doing, facts" = OK
"What I think about what the politicians are doing, interpretation, opinion" = NOT OK

Just my , and really that doesn't even count for 1/2 a cent round here
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #4279
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
, and I could well be wrong, but just to clarify a bit, I think that saying in an factual, non position discussion sort of way what is happening is OK, and supremely relevant to the topic at hand.

Of course, resisting the urge to interject commentary on that is... uhh... difficult... and usually ends up happening (like above)... hence, not so ok.

Generally speaking:
"What the politicians are doing, facts" = OK
"What I think about what the politicians are doing, interpretation, opinion" = NOT OK

Just my , and really that doesn't even count for 1/2 a cent round here
Spot on, Francis.
And so is Mychal for saying it's a fine line.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #4280
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Spot on, Francis.
And so is Mychal for saying it's a fine line.
"fine" might be an understatement.

It's so very hard not to interject your own personal tone in such things (I'm regularly guilty of it too!)

Doesn't mean the line is not there however