Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #41
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Wrist-Watch experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conch Republican View Post
Greg, careful what you say...there are people that can come up with an elephant for you...then you have to clean up the Lincoln Logs
I thought elephants made Bocci Balls!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #42
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Greg, careful what you say...there are people that can come up with an elephant for you...then you have to clean up the Lincoln Logs

Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #43
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Hello, I am looking for a new watch and don't have a bunch of money to spend. I like big, heavy, metal band watches. I was looking at Invicta watches on Amazon and was wondering what the lowdown on them is. This one is 45 mm diameter case, but the reviews are mixed as to the reliability of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-5249S-...icta+pro+diver

anyone have any experience with these? Or have any alternatives I should consider. As I said money is a little tight right now so I can't spend a lot.

Thanks
You can't get a "nicer" watch for $100ish than Invicta. Finishing is really nice, has nice dial. I'd go for Quartz models over Automatic. My girlfriend has an Invicta and it's holding up well.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #44
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
You are correct: I don't really want, need, or have room in my humi for an elephant.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #45
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
You can't get a "nicer" watch for $100ish than Invicta. Finishing is really nice, has nice dial. I'd go for Quartz models over Automatic. My girlfriend has an Invicta and it's holding up well.
Thanks, I appreciate your input Moses. I have been reading your (and others) posts in the watch thread and I value your opinion.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #46
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I would suspect that shipping an elephant would be cost prohibitive too.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #47
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dude, I have Amazon Prime...2 day shipping of elephants is free, and $3.99 for 1 day.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #48
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Dude, I have Amazon Prime...2 day shipping of elephants is free, and $3.99 for 1 day.
I did have it, and if I still did, I would see your elephant and raise you a hippopotamus.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 AM   #49
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Careful Greg, I'm pretty sure there is a one-rate box for this...

Old 01-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #50
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Well let's get back to the business at hand. The watch I ordered from shophq was supposed the be here tomorrow, but the tracking says it's coming a day early. Will post up pictures later when I arrives.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #51
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:

Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #52
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Ahem, I said getting back to the bidness at hand.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #53
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

I'm out...

Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #54
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm out...

Old 01-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #55
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Maybe tracking is wrong. Mailman came and no watch. It was shipped UPS but with that deal they deliver to the post office. So not sure why is says it will be delivered today. Oh well.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #56
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Well now I checked the tracking and it says that it was transferred to the post office and changed delivery back to tomorrow. Seems that UPS is kinda going downhill.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #57
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well now I checked the tracking and it says that it was transferred to the post office and changed delivery back to tomorrow. Seems that UPS is kinda going downhill.
Many Shippers Switch & Ship To Post Office. Must Be Cheaper, But Always Takes Longer.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #58
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Okey doke. I got the one I ordered today and here is some pics:

It feels like it weighs 2 pounds and looks like it weighs 4 pounds which is what I wanted. It is big, but I wanted that too. The magnifier on the date is awesome too because I aint old yet, but my eyes try to act like they are and on the cheapo I Casio I was wearing I couldn't see the date, but on this one it's clear as a bell. I love it. It's a big, heavy watch, which is what I like.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #59
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Oh yeah, these things must be made for someone who is 7' 5" and weighs 400 pounds cause I had to take three links out of the bracelet. Which I did myself cause I don't need no stinkin jeweler to do it for me. Plus I managed to do it without tearing it up, which is a plus.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #60
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Oh yeah, these things must be made for someone who is 7' 5" and weighs 400 pounds cause I had to take three links out of the bracelet.
maybe you're just dainty?

but seriously, nice looking time piece ya got there, keep us updated with how it works out for ya