Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Jon11
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Jon11 is on a distinguished road
Default CroMagnon Cigars

How are these cigars? And are they all different blends....Anthropology, Cranium, EMH, ect. I love Viajes, how do they compare?
Jon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: CroMagnon Cigars

My experience was with the Knuckledraggers, decent smokes but. Little too sweet for me.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the hell out of these!!! RoMa Craft comes in two main blends...Crommagnon and Aquitaine. I prefer the Cromagnon blend myself, but the Aquitaine is very good as well. Anthropology, Cranium, EMH, Knuckledragger, Atlatl, Mandible are the sizes in their line. I am also a Viaje fan, and Viaje has many more lines (Skull N Bones, Holiday Blend, Satori, HHG, Summerblends, Oro, Platino, Exclusivo) than RoMa Craft. I compare the Cromagnon line to the Exclusivo line. Bottom line...they are tasty as hell. I've been burning through a lot of these the past two months. When you see them...GRAB THEM...they can be difficult to find.

My favorite in the entire line is the Cromagnon Anthropology (corona gorda) But I haven't had the Atlatl yet (have two 5ers enroute).

Here's the major difference...

Aquitaine: The cigar features a beautiful thick, oily Ecuadorian Habano Ligero wrapper. Inside this beautiful wrapper are three much sought after different Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder.

Cromagnon: The cigar features a beautiful dark, oily Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. Inside this beautiful wrapper are three much sought after different Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder

Last edited by kelmac07; 07-02-2013 at 11:18 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Jon11
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Jon11 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mac, you are about the most helpful cigar mother f***** I've ever run across. I know I don't post much but always value your opinions, bc they've been right on for the most part. Thanks brother!
Jon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Anytime Jon.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Everything Mac said......but....all but one of those two lines that I've tried have all been rolled tight enough, I thought I was smoking dowels
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
bstarrs
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Braeden
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
bstarrs is on a distinguished road

I've still got to try some of these, they look really nice and I have noticed Mac going off about them all the time.
bstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I smoked a Mandible awhile back. It was one of the ones before they got labels. While it wasn't a bad cigar it didn't do much for me. I'd smoke another one if offered, but I would never buy one.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I've only had the Anthropology, both wrappers. The Acquitane is good but I prefer the Cromagnon.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

I've never had a RoMa Craft stick with a band.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

I had the CroMagnon for the first time this weekend with Mickey. Amazing smoke.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
They are putting them on some of the new ones. seen em all over instagram
Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I have had the CroMagnon (thanks to a box split done by Mac!) and found it to be a very good cigar. The ones that I had were very well constructed, produced a nice amount of smoke and were very flavorful.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
The newer releases of the Intemperances have bands, the ones I received from the NC MAW from Jaso had bands, but the boxes of em I saw at the shop by my dad's place had no bands.

And to me the Intemperance BA Envy has been the best of the bunch I tried so far. Literally made it 3 puffs in before I went to the shops email to dig up the contact info to get these in the shop.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

Worth a look if you are interested in the RomaCraft line is the Intemperance liga as well. It comes in EC (Ecuador Connecticut) and BA (Brazil Arapiraca). I have tried both the EC and BA and prefer the BA. The Envy (short perfecto) is my choice vitola.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Completely forgot about the Intemperance...thanks Bear/Jeff. These are also tasty.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Cromagnon knuckle dragger is the only one I've smoked, and I LOVED it. I need to get more, but funds are not available.
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
Cromagnon knuckle dragger is the only one I've smoked, and I LOVED it. I need to get more, but funds are not available.
Scott
I feel you, man. I hate when my taste in cigars (and whiskey) is overshadowed by the reality of my budget.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
Ncpsycho
Newly obsessed

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (5)
Cohiba
Ncpsycho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I feel you, man. I hate when my taste in cigars (and whiskey) is overshadowed by the reality of my budget.
HAha agreed--- Id be into a split to try these if anyone did one
Ncpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

One of my favorite cigar companies. Skip Martin and company are doing great things at Romacraft cigars.