Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love

I've smoked a few LFD's in the past and liked them enough. But recently I've been absolutely loving each one I have smoked, slowly pushing my Tat's, Oliva, DPG, and even A.F's further back in my humi to make room for all the new additions. Anyone else really dig Litto Gomez and LFD?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love

Absolutely. From small batch to 2000 cameroon's. I have started a pretty good collection of the more recent limited ed. Lines... I am right there with you. I am lighting a small batch #4 here shortly to watch the uk game.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Never had the 2000's, how are they? BTW Go Cats!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love the LG line, not so much the LFD. I do love the Coronados, though. I've got tons from the last few years.
Litto is genius and his LG stuff is absolutely brilliant, beyond words.
I just keep quiet about his stuff, it just drives prices up.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Not a huge fan of the LFD...but have heard/read great things about the Litto Gomez...they are on my radar
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

The LG line is awesome Mike, pricey but worth it for sure!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
The LG line is awesome Mike, pricey but worth it for sure!
bud
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Freaking love the LG's!! The small batches kick ass!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Love me some LFD and Litto gomez stuff. The only one I wasn't really impressed with (and I only had one, so I am chalking it up to I got a bad stick), was the LG Small Batch #3. I really dig the LG Chisels, LFD Maduro Chisels and the LFD Factory Press.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
kuzi16
the one and only

Trading: (1)
SCdlH
kuzi16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Never had the 2000's, how are they? BTW Go Cats!
the 2000 series is amazing. im not sure why they arent promoted more by LFD.

notes of wood, spice, sweetness, and even a bit of sassafras. bot what really struck me as exceptional about that cigar is the balance.

that being said, i am an LFD whore. there isnt a single blend that i have had from them that i was not impressed with. My favorites being Air Bender Chisel, Cameroon Cabinet no.1, and DL Maduro chisel.

or is it the LG lancero, 2000 el Toro, and Factory press IV?

damn...difficult choices.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

So far my favorite is the Colorado Oscuro, from what I read it looks like a maduro but it is not. The process is kept hush hush but similar to "an over ripe banana" I was not overly impressed by the Small Batch #3 either Mac, the guy at the B&M acted like they were originally packaged in the covenant of the arch.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys had ever had the opportunity to try a Small Batch #1, you'd still be talking about it. I managed to get ahold of 3 along the way, all 3 were in the top 10 smokes I've ever had. Just insanely delicious, complex, and they changed up every 15 minutes.
They're what made a Litto Ho out of me.
The '09 LG Oriental Oscuros are to die for, as well as the Coronado Maduros.
If I were stuck on a desert Island, I'd hope I floated in on a barge of Small Batch #1's. I'd never need another cigar, ever.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Just getting into the LFD love....not much experience with Litto, but really digging the LFD's. Got a monstrosity of a Digger that I got from a brother here that will die A fiery death tonight (steak for dinner-gotta be prepared for something like that)
Old 03-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I need to try some Little Gomez now.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Just getting into the LFD love....not much experience with Litto, but really digging the LFD's. Got a monstrosity of a Digger that I got from a brother here that will die A fiery death tonight (steak for dinner-gotta be prepared for something like that)
If you like the LFD line, you'll LOVE the LG line.
The LFD's are all one-dimensional, but solid. Some are crazy strong with ligero. I have a box of double ligero A's that are like a foot long and take 3 days to smoke. They're nice, but they just don't change up.
The old icepicks morph a bit, coronados do, mysterios do, but that's about it so far as LFD's go. That's not to say it's a bad thing, I just like a lot more of a carnival atmosphere from a cigar.
Regardless, they're all solid. I wish they weren't so crazy expensive, but they're worth every dime.
I suppose when I stack an LG, dollar for dollar against tats, viaje, Liga privada, and all the other expensive rage sticks, there really is no comparison. They cost the same but give up a lot more.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If you like the LFD line, you'll LOVE the LG line.
The LFD's are all one-dimensional, but solid. Some are crazy strong with ligero. I have a box of double ligero A's that are like a foot long and take 3 days to smoke. They're nice, but they just don't change up.
The old icepicks morph a bit, coronados do, mysterios do, but that's about it so far as LFD's go. That's not to say it's a bad thing, I just like a lot more of a carnival atmosphere from a cigar.
Regardless, they're all solid. I wish they weren't so crazy expensive, but they're worth every dime.
I suppose when I stack an LG, dollar for dollar against tats, viaje, Liga privada, and all the other expensive rage sticks, there really is no comparison. They cost the same but give up a lot more.
So, you'd put an LG up against those other brands? The changes are what I LOVE about certain cigars....those are my absolute favorites.....which is why I love the Viaje 50\50 ..black more than red...and the LP 9 is in my top 10.

I've read a lot of your reviews and the ones you have liked have always been ones I've enjoyed as well. I'll pick up some LG 5'ers. Any you guys think I should be sure to try?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
Crownedone
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Stephen
Trading: (0)
Crownedone is on a distinguished road

LFD's Much love from me. Litto is the king! air bender chisel is my favorite. The double ligero's can have you reaching for the bottle of pink if your not careful.
Crownedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about

Just had the air bender maduro.......amazing smoke in my opinion. From what I understand it is limited run cigar.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Cincy View Post
Just had the air bender maduro.......amazing smoke in my opinion. From what I understand it is limited run cigar.
I think those are the ones that come in the big barn humidor deal.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

I'm a huge fan of the LFD, LGD and the Coronado lines.

Coronado maduros are amazing