Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Jameson declaration iniquity

Brad Mayo, president of Jameson Cigars was kind enough to send me a sampler of his cigars, so I could review them for my blog and Cigar Asylum. Included in the sampler was this Declaration Iniquity, a 5½x50 with an aged Habano 98 wrapper, a criollo 98 binder and filler from the Dominican Republic. I reviewed the James red label toro a few days ago.

The wrapper is nice, dark, shiny and oily with a beautiful, odd shaped, dark and 'threatening' band. The construction feels good. The cigar has a pretty strong smell of a stable. The wrapper is quite thick, which I noticed when I punched it. The predraw is good and I taste raisin and pepper.

I taste espresso, the flavors are roasted and I also taste a little bit of chocolate. After half an inch the espresso changes into regular coffee and the chocolate gets a bit stronger. After an inch the coffee changes to an earthy flavor with chocolate.

After two inch I taste an earthy flavor with chocolate and wood. The mild spicy wood is the main flavor. Halfway a hint of nuts join the flavor party on my palate. After two thirds I only taste herbs with some nuts and pepper. The chocolate disappeared for a while but returns. The aftertaste is peppery, I think it's white pepper.

This nice cigar lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes. I got a decent amount of medium thick smoke. The ash is light colored and firm. The draw is good, the burn is good too although I had to touch up a few times. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied. I purged the cigar once and got a medium flame.

Would I buy this cigar again? I'll be in Miami soon, I will drop by Jameson Cigars there and get myself a few more of these cigars.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jameson declaration iniquity

Another fine review Ferdie!!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Jameson declaration iniquity

nice review
sounds pretty enjoyable
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote