Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2016, 03:54 AM   #301
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Sorry no experience with 10mm but Sigs are fantastic. We did a product testing with Sig down in Kentucky a few years back and had the pleasure of firing most of their pistols. All were great.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #302
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Well, finally jumped in and bought a SIG. I purchased a SIG P220 Stainless Elite in 10mm. Took delivery today although I of course haven't shot it yet. It's beautiful and I love the size, the heft. Fits perfectly in my hand and looking forward to shooting it. This was very hard to find. I posted on a Sig forum what I wanted and some guy referred me to a gun shop in PA. Called and they had it and I bought it.

Tried to post a picture but I can't get it to take. I successfully posted pics on the Sig forum, but can't here. I need to study the picture posting rules!
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #303
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the Sig family!
Old 10-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #304
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez View Post
Well, finally jumped in and bought a SIG. I purchased a SIG P220 Stainless Elite in 10mm. Took delivery today although I of course haven't shot it yet. It's beautiful and I love the size, the heft. Fits perfectly in my hand and looking forward to shooting it. This was very hard to find. I posted on a Sig forum what I wanted and some guy referred me to a gun shop in PA. Called and they had it and I bought it.

Tried to post a picture but I can't get it to take. I successfully posted pics on the Sig forum, but can't here. I need to study the picture posting rules!
Do you hand load your own ammunition? With 10mm and other niche calibers like .38 super, the choices in factory ammo are relatively limited.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #305
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Do you hand load your own ammunition? With 10mm and other niche calibers like .38 super, the choices in factory ammo are relatively limited.
Actually, most of the major players produce 10mm. It's just a matter of if you can find it locally or if you have to order it, and whether you will need to take a second mortgage out to pay for it. Finding inexpensive "range" ammo is pretty much a no go though.

I really like my 10mm, it's a great hog gun in the woods. I have shot Sig, Buffalo Bore, Underwood, Hornady, and Federal out of mine with no issues. Some of the bulk stuff I have found has been spotty though.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #306
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Brian, no, I don't hand load today and have heard that about the 10 mm. I don't get out to shoot as often as I would like, so probably won't go that route. Thanks and I look forward to trying this baby out soon.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #307
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody fired a S&W Shield in .45 acp yet? None of the local ranges have one for rent, this gun will be a "try before by" for me.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #308
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Anybody fired a S&W Shield in .45 acp yet? None of the local ranges have one for rent, this gun will be a "try before by" for me.
Name:  IMG_6387.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  102.4 KB

I have shot mine, feels great to me.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #309
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

A friend in my shooting group has a Shield .45 ordered. Eventually I'll get to try it. Thanks for replying, Remo.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 AM   #310
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't had much time to get out and hit the range but I've managed to squeeze in some reloading. Anyone get anything new lately?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #311
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Haven't had much time to get out and hit the range but I've managed to squeeze in some reloading. Anyone get anything new lately?
Last thing I picked up was a Zavasta PAP M92 that I bought just for kicks. It's turning out to be a lot more accurate than I thought it would be. A fun range toy.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #312
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Name:  IMG_6716.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  12.3 KB

Got an email from Quantico Tactical that the new LEO price for the M&P Tactical is $825, I'll be ordering this week
Old 10-26-2016, 03:44 AM   #313
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
Last thing I picked up was a Zavasta PAP M92 that I bought just for kicks. It's turning out to be a lot more accurate than I thought it would be. A fun range toy.
Have much recoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Attachment 17409

Got an email from Quantico Tactical that the new LEO price for the M&P Tactical is $825, I'll be ordering this week
Those are well made and great for the price. I remember a few years back when I was handling a lot of different manufacturers products and it seemed like everyone and their brother was trying to get in the game.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:54 AM   #314
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Those are well made and great for the price. I remember a few years back when I was handling a lot of different manufacturers products and it seemed like everyone and their brother was trying to get in the game.
Not waiting around for the prices to rocket back up in November.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #315
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Have much recoil?
Very little. It's a little awkward, but has an amazing amount of fire power in what's basically an overgrown pistol. It's kinda an answer in search of a question, but darn if I don't like it.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #316
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

I am looking to purchase a Glock 17. I can get it for $500. I have yet to shop the stores here locally. I just haven't had the time. Is that a decent price?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #317
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
I am looking to purchase a Glock 17. I can get it for $500. I have yet to shop the stores here locally. I just haven't had the time. Is that a decent price?
Ya, that's about right, night sights? How many mags?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #318
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Not sure on the sights or mag. How do they come brand new.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #319
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
Not sure on the sights or mag. How do they come brand new.
I think 2 mags and no night sights. so $500 for that should be about right.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #320
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

It is from a guy who does work on guns and has his FFL license.. He should be cheaper than stores here. It's a co-workers friend.

I want to shop locally to see what I am getting is a good deal.

I am assuming it is the Gen 4..