Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #21
Tazziedevil
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Tazziedevil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Total Shoulder replacment?

Well, I've had a total shoulder reconstruction... I tore two tendons, a ligament and did cartilage damage to my shoulder. My recovery took awhile, and PT was not so nice. That was about two years ago, and I still don't have full function in my shoulder. It's not nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tazziedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I work in an ortho hospital and we've had a few TSAs. Like with any surgery, there are risks involved. The most extensive part will be PT. Typically, after the procedure, a three or four day hospitalization is all that's needed to ensure that the patient is stable, then the rest is done in an outpatient setting.

What are your concerns with the procedure?
My main concern is the recovery and hopes of almost normal movement afterward. PT is something i take very seriously and follow to the "T" I do nothing more nothing less than what Im told. However i know my own limits and I will not be rushed to achieve increased angles.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Ive got some good news. Ive been laying down most the night with my bad arm/shoulder propping my head up. I reajusted how i was laying and heard a gawd aweful pop then felt a shooting pain through my whole arm. Ok time for the good news. Now I have full mobility with my arm and there is no pain.......

Anyone have any idea what happened? I dont think it was dislocated but what do I know? Its all better now.... Still going to the ortho doc to see whats up.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #24
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Yep, sounds like it was dislocated and popped back in. Fortunately I don't have the problem, but I have a ton of friends who've f-ed their shoulders crashing motorcycles and they tell me that's what it's like. And they tend to get progressively worse. The more it pops out, the more it will pop out. My buddy did it in his sleep last week. At least he is better about getting it popped back in. Last year at a track day he crashed and they pumped him full of drugs for the shoulder until the doc popped it back in. As soon as it went back in, no pain at all.

I beat Laura, btw.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
andrew

That's great news. From the sound of it, it was probably dislocated (may have even been putting some pressure on a nerve). Beats a TSA for sure.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #26
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Happy to hear. Certainly does sound like what has been suggested. Nonetheless, good idea to see the doc.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Definitely. Something is going on in there.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #28
1badhog07
Still Watching My Back

First Name: gustavo
Trading: (2)
HdM
1badhog07 is on a distinguished road

good luck brother,i will be praying for ya!