Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about
Default Reef Raiders Dive Club GTMO

As some of you know I am a contractor currently "deployed" to Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. There are many extracurricular activities available to the troopers, civilians and residents. One of these activities is scuba diving.

I came down here a non diver and have been fortunate enough to become a Divemaster and a board member of the local dive club, Reef Raiders. We are currently trying to design a new logo for t-shirts, stickers, challenge coins and other merchandise. I know that many of you are talented artists and if you have some spare time to help I would really appreciate it. If your design is chosen by the club I am sure I could dig up some dog rockets to send your way. Below is some information about the club and how it was started. I will post the current logos tomorrow.

Reef Raiders is a non-profit scuba diving club onboard United States Naval Station Guantanamo Bay Cuba (GTMO) who's members consist of active-duty military, Department of the Defense and Department of the Navy civilian employees and contractors along with spouses and family members. Reef Raiders was founded in 1952 by a group of free divers who "raided the reef" by taking pieces of coral to sell in order to raise operating funds for the club. Over the years, Reef Raiders has developed into an environmentally conscious organization of recreational divers dedicated to preserving an extensive Caribbean coral reef ecosystem off the southeastern tip of Cuba in an around the mouth of Guantanamo Bay. The club has a cadre of profesional Instructors and Divemasters operating under the auspices of the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and its teaching system. Since the mid to late 1990s, Reef Raiders has taken a keen and active interest in the eradication of the invasive Lionfish and holds an annual Lionfish Derby. Spearfishing for grouper is also very popular with many members. Lionfish, Black Grouper, Nassau Grouper, Gray Snapper, Green Moray Eels, Spiny Lobsters, Sharks (Hammerhead, Bull, Nurse and Black Tip), Queen Conch and Sea Turtle are all common sightings during most dives. There is also a nearly-intact S-2 Tracker wreck within the confines of the Naval Station

Thank you all for taking a look.

Adam
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reef Raiders Dive Club GTMO

Sweet, good luck on the design....I could draw some stick figures fo ya
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Paging Shane, paging Shane.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

We have also put up a contest on 99 design dot com. Designers submit entries in an attempt to be the winner. Feel free to check it out via the link below.

https://99designs.com/logo-design/co...ds-logo-159374
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote