Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-19-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Falto legado

The Falto Legado is a corona gorda, 5½x47, that was created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of La Garita Cigar Co & Falto cigars. The cigar is made from a Nicaraguan wrapper and a Dominican binder filled with tobacco from both countries. I got this cigar from Luis Falto to review on my blog.

The wrapper has a nice chocolate color and has a few big veins. I smell straw and a barnyard, the strength of the smell is medium. The construction feels good and so is the predraw, which tastes like spicy tobacco and raisin.

I taste coffee, it is bitter but that bitter flavor disappears almost instantly. The coffee gets accompanied by some wood and after half an inch even some vanilla. After a third I taste a soapy flavor. That may sound disgusting, but it isn't, it's not bad at all. The cigar also has a sweet flavor to it and the wood flavor is a combination of all kinds of wood. This is very interesting, I have never experienced this before.

Right before halfway the cigar gets a bit sweeter and once I passed the mid point of the cigar I also taste a hint of chocolate. All I can say is that this cigar is unique. The woodflavors are getting stronger after two thirds and I also taste a very mild cinnamon flavor near the end.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty minutes. I got a nice amount of smoke, that started out thin but got more body along the way. The draw and burn are good. The ash is medium dark and reasonably firm. This cigar is medium bodied and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a cigar with a unique flavor profile, I liked it.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Falto legado

Glad you enjoyed it...I have never heard of this stick.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Cool
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Another Ferdi review. I am with Mac, a new one on me.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review brother. I have only had a couple of Faltos (courtesy of BigAsh I think) and they were very nice sticks.