Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #61
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Suspicious email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Hey- that's Dan's friend from the boobies thread!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #62
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Hey- that's Dan's friend from the boobies thread!
With friends like that...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #63
Reaver2145

Quote:

This is the best post in the entire thread you sir earn yourself a cookie.

WARNING cookie may contain metal scraps.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #64
BC-Axeman

Quote:

Bump.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #65
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemason View Post
Weelock, I will not be creating a new account and skulk around waiting for an opportunity to fling an advertisement. I wasn't flinging an advertisement, I was educating people that the cigars were real and they were good (statements one would expect to see on a cigar forum) As far as I'm concerned some of you are really rude. As your rules state, now that I have read them thanks to Peter's link: "One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here. Especially to the new members." Yet as a new member you slammed me as being a spammer and possibly affiliated with the Batey cigar company simply because I informed you the cigars were okay. This isn't a cigar forum, it's a "hey I've been a member longer than you so shut up and bow to me before you post, better still, clear all of your posts with the senior members first" If you're ever in Vancouver hit up City Cigar and ask about me and you'll see if my "knowledge and experience, if real, would have been appreciated." I would also have invited you to enjoy one of my fine Cuban cigars at our private club, we are a friendly group of cigar aficionados here in Canada. Some of you on this so called cigar forum are rude and self righteous and you can piss off.
Easy killer. The members of this community are great people. Without an introduction nobody knows who you are so you gotta give us a little background man. When you bring up an old thread with your very first post proclaiming how awesome these cigars are, it throws some flags. Can you not see this? Nobody likes a spammer so people get defensive. Try explaining yourself with a little less attitude next time
Old 03-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #66
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Lee sure seems wrapped up pretty tight compared to other Canadians I know...

Let's see...a total of 7 posts...

First post extolling an unheard of cigar that was advertised in spam, followed by 6 more posts full of attitude and loftiness while accusing us of being mean and unaccepting of him, and how he doesn't need to be bothered with us low cretins so he is going away, again, still going...

Let's ask Mr. Magic 8 Ball

Yup, definitely acting like a

If you are as awesome as you have indicated, loose the attitude, come down off of your high horse (these very actions actually indicate a defensive posture of someone that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar), look around at what all is offered in this community, post an introduction so we can get to know you, pour a cold one and toast a cigar. Otherwise, there are a LOT of other boards out there.

Have a great day, enjoy a tasty cigar!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #67
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Weelock, I will not be creating a new account and skulk around waiting for an opportunity to fling an advertisement. I wasn't flinging an advertisement, I was educating people that the cigars were real and they were good (statements one would expect to see on a cigar forum) As far as I'm concerned some of you are really rude. As your rules state, now that I have read them thanks to Peter's link: "One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here. Especially to the new members." Yet as a new member you slammed me as being a spammer and possibly affiliated with the Batey cigar company simply because I informed you the cigars were okay. This isn't a cigar forum, it's a "hey I've been a member longer than you so shut up and bow to me before you post, better still, clear all of your posts with the senior members first" If you're ever in Vancouver hit up City Cigar and ask about me and you'll see if my "knowledge and experience, if real, would have been appreciated." I would also have invited you to enjoy one of my fine Cuban cigars at our private club, we are a friendly group of cigar aficionados here in Canada. Some of you on this so called cigar forum are rude and self righteous and you can piss off.
All right Lee. I'm sorry for making an assumption that your associated in some way with the spam email.

Maybe we are a bit wound up since its tax season in the US.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #68
Sen. Bolivar

Ok here goes.... I know this thread has been a sore spot with some people so I hope to put the argument to rest. My father inlaw loves Romeo short churchhills but does not want to pay 20$ a piece for them. He has a friend who goes to Veradero once a year and he usually has a steady supply. He introduced me to the Batey's which are sold at the local tobacconist. He buys these when his supply is low. I had one two weeks ago and it wasn't half bad.

So here is my take on the situation. Do I like the fact that I have no clue who is manufacturing this smoke, NO. Are they Legit? Well Im not sure. I purchased a pack of ten for 45$ on Friday and here are some Pics.

Im pretty sure that they are machine rolled, the draw is a little tight. I would rate the flavour a 7 out of 10 and they tend to burn very unevenly. How ever I paid 4.50$ a piece for them so I can not expect the world.

Here you can see the uneven burn. The ash is nice and white however. All I can say is that its a cheap smoke that does in a pinch. Would I take it over a proper Cuban, HELL NO. but on random weekday when I need to chill it does OK.

Cheers SB
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #69
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

The label says "DIT POISON"

Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #70
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
The label says "DIT POISON"

T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #71
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #72
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I know the brand, it is a Mexican made cigar. I met the European importer last year at Intertabac, smoked a few of the cigars and they didn't impress me.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #73
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
We have members here who haven't bothered to read our rules.
Is it ME???
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #74
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And BTW I didn't see any RULES when I signed up.
So you are saying that the checkbox that states "Are you sure that you have read and can abide
by forum rules?" was checked by someone other than yourself? Because if you checked the
box stating you had read and understood the rules, then you should have read them and
understood them...that's why the box is there and won't let you proceed without acknowledging it.

So YOU DID see something about rules, sir.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #75
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
As your rules state, now that I have read them thanks to Peter's link: "One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here......... you can piss off.
Hahaha, wait, I thought you said goodbye??

btw, ignoring the rules, being called out for it, then saying a rude goodbye, then READING the rules and
comming back from self-imposed exile to point out a part of the rules that seems to benefit you in spite
of your punk attitude is STRICTLY against the rules.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #76
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen. Bolivar View Post
Ok here goes....

Cheers SB
Wait, wait, wait.......I am confused. Now who are YOU??
Are you Lee Mason or a even NEWER person who ALSO just wanted to clarify the Batey mystery and
signed up just to do that??

I swear this has really got me spinning now. I find it hard to believe that all these people are Guugling
Batey Cigars and landing in this thread where they just have to clear things up for us out of the good-
ness of their hearts, so much so that they sign up for a new forum. Of course, they ARE Canadians
after all (maybe). They DO have good hearts, I know.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #77
987654321x

wow, didint expect this thread to grow like this. But i must say, these are one of the best cigars i've ever had that are under 25$ range. And i couldnt find any additional information about this cigar or anything about its company so it is fairly odd.

If you however stumble across them, i would give it a try, the construction on these are unrealisticaly perfect. possibly machine made and has 4 caps. These are pritty much always perfect on construction based on 10 i've smoked, but burn can be abit off. However, if they are handmade, it even surpasses cohiba.

The taste on these are strange. yet pleasent, Im not sure where these tobacco are from, possibly mexico or cuba.

It actully tastes like a Cohiba Robusto from first 1/3 to 2/3 and the last 3rd kinda reminded me of Rocky patel 15th anaversary. And im actully serious about the taste resembling Cohiba robusto (Maybe its bootlegged?) expect it leaves abit more spice upon draw and bitterness which you dont find in the Cohiba. But it could be that the tobacco or atleast the wrappers & the binders are grown near the same area as where Cohiba are grown. Still not sure why & how they managed to sell them for such a low price, in terms of quality, this cigar far surpasses most $10 dollar range cigars in Canada. Maybe this brand really has some darkside, but im grabbing as much as i can while i can.

As you can all see, i really like this cigar.. You just simply cant find a high quality cigar in canada thats under 10 dollar. its a bloody shame to see such a beautifuly crafted cigar being sold for 3 dollar per stick becuase its "brandless".
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #78
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Thanks for such a fine testimonial.

But I don't think I'll bite.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #79
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Why is it the only people that have good things to say about this cigar have 1-2 post total?

hmm..........
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #80
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote