Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #41
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Suspicious email

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemason View Post
Wow, sorry, I didn't realize I'd stepped into exclusive territory. I was simply attempting to share what I know about Batey cigars, and no I don't work for them nor am I affiliated with them in any way. My name is Lee Mason and I am the National Director of The Young Warriors Network, if you want to know what I do visit my website www.youngwarriors.net and then maybe you won't make an ill informed remark that as a new person I must be a spammer or affiliated with the company. I am a cigar smoker, have been one for many many years, being a Canadian I also travel to Havana regularly to stock up, I have some very good rollers there. We also have a private cigar club here in Vancouver, none of our members are snobs. And BTW I didn't see any RULES when I signed up.
I'm not going to speak for others but it is easy to understand that when a new member comes in and with their first post seems to promote a cigar in a thread entitled "Suspicious email" that those conclusions might be drawn.

As for our rules, did you look around for them? They are fairly prominently displayed as an Announcement in each of our sub-forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #42
leemason
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
leemason is on a distinguished road

I was simply attempting to share what I know about Batey cigars, I just discovered them and sharing knowledge among other smokers I don't believe is promoting, rather showing the (suspicious email) is a legit company and the cigars are actually pretty good. Of course I shared it in the best interests of other cigar smokers and I believed the forum was the place where I could share that information. Obviously this is not an open forum, some of you seem to have bad attitudes toward new members, like we gotta toe an imaginary line and live by some rule that obviously even other members question until we win your approval. I have no time for childish games and I'm certainly not going to ask permission to post something that is in the best interests of all members.
leemason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #43
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

C ya.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #44
leemason
Just in from the Storm

Peter, perhaps you could point out the rules and why would I look for them if I wasn't instructed to do when I signed up?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #45
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
I was simply attempting to share what I know about Batey cigars, I just discovered them and sharing knowledge among other smokers I don't believe is promoting, rather showing the (suspicious email) is a legit company and the cigars are actually pretty good. Of course I shared it in the best interests of other cigar smokers and I believed the forum was the place where I could share that information. Obviously this is not an open forum, some of you seem to have bad attitudes toward new members, like we gotta toe an imaginary line and live by some rule that obviously even other members question until we win your approval. I have no time for childish games and I'm certainly not going to ask permission to post something that is in the best interests of all members.
This forum is quite open. And frankly, Your attitude comes across as pompous and arrogant. You are a stranger to everyone here. Take some time here and your opinion just might change. Trust and respect is earned - not granted.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Peter, perhaps you could point out the rules and why would I look for them if I wasn't instructed to do when I signed up?
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/announcement.php?f=5

This is posted in every sub-forum.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #47
leemason
Just in from the Storm

Actually no thanks, not interested in being a part of a forum where my knowledge and sharing is taken out of context and I'm viewed as pompous and arrogant, no loss to me to walk away from this forum, rather, the loss is to the members, and this isn't said in a pompous or arrogant manner, I have a wealth of cigar knowledge to share, great connections and great rollers in Havana and other parts of Cuba but I don't want to be a part of a finger wagging old boys club. No further posts to follow goodbye.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #48
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Actually no thanks, not interested in being a part of a forum where my knowledge and sharing is taken out of context and I'm viewed as pompous and arrogant, no loss to me to walk away from this forum, rather, the loss is to the members, and this isn't said in a pompous or arrogant manner, I have a wealth of cigar knowledge to share, great connections and great rollers in Havana and other parts of Cuba but I don't want to be a part of a finger wagging old boys club. No further posts to follow goodbye.
Wow. No pomposity or arrogance in that post.

Should we bow and genuflect now?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #49
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
and this isn't said in red text.

Seriously though maybe we have different definitions of pompous and/or arrogant?
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #50
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
I, like Peter:
*Reads post*
*Looks at Post count*
*Looks at Start Date*
As do I, maybe I need a sacasm font. In fact I can think of 1001 reasons for a sarcasm font. Maybe as a noob you should look at my sign on date before you think I haven't paid attention to a thread

OP, if you are affiliated, tell Jaime I said hi
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #51
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Hope that's the last we hear from leemason but unfortunately probably not. I'm sure he'll make a new account and skulk around waiting an opportunity to fling an advertisement.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #52
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Suddenly, I miss Nickerson.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #53
bazookajoe

First Name: david
Trading: (72)
bazookajoe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Suddenly, I miss Nickerson.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 AM   #54
Hem
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bill
Trading: (13)
Partagas
Hem will become famous soon enough

So back to that email...does that also mean that I didn't win 2million Euros and just need to wire some money to my friendly banker in Nigeria (so nice of him to let me know!) so he can send me my lottery winnings?
Hem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #55
BC-Axeman

The cigars are legit, the email was unexpected and not like any other I had gotten. The source was figured out. Since then I have not received any others. Too bad Lee has no sense of humor or humility. His knowledge and experience, if real, would have been appreciated.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #56
leemason
Just in from the Storm

Weelock, I will not be creating a new account and skulk around waiting for an opportunity to fling an advertisement. I wasn't flinging an advertisement, I was educating people that the cigars were real and they were good (statements one would expect to see on a cigar forum) As far as I'm concerned some of you are really rude. As your rules state, now that I have read them thanks to Peter's link: "One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here. Especially to the new members." Yet as a new member you slammed me as being a spammer and possibly affiliated with the Batey cigar company simply because I informed you the cigars were okay. This isn't a cigar forum, it's a "hey I've been a member longer than you so shut up and bow to me before you post, better still, clear all of your posts with the senior members first" If you're ever in Vancouver hit up City Cigar and ask about me and you'll see if my "knowledge and experience, if real, would have been appreciated." I would also have invited you to enjoy one of my fine Cuban cigars at our private club, we are a friendly group of cigar aficionados here in Canada. Some of you on this so called cigar forum are rude and self righteous and you can piss off.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #57
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Weelock, I will not be creating a new account and skulk around waiting for an opportunity to fling an advertisement. I wasn't flinging an advertisement, I was educating people that the cigars were real and they were good (statements one would expect to see on a cigar forum) As far as I'm concerned some of you are really rude. As your rules state, now that I have read them thanks to Peter's link: "One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here. Especially to the new members." Yet as a new member you slammed me as being a spammer and possibly affiliated with the Batey cigar company simply because I informed you the cigars were okay. This isn't a cigar forum, it's a "hey I've been a member longer than you so shut up and bow to me before you post, better still, clear all of your posts with the senior members first" If you're ever in Vancouver hit up City Cigar and ask about me and you'll see if my "knowledge and experience, if real, would have been appreciated." I would also have invited you to enjoy one of my fine Cuban cigars at our private club, we are a friendly group of cigar aficionados here in Canada. Some of you on this so called cigar forum are rude and self righteous and you can piss off.
It was an odd first post, especially in an old thread. We often have spammers and first thing I did after seeing your post was check your member info and your intro post, neither existed. From that I developed a suspicion that you might be affiliated, so I asked. If it was rude of me to ask if you were affiliated then my apologies but with no other indication of who you were my only option was to ask.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #59
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #60
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

I think that's plenty to add, very nice. Thanks!