Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #41
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tatuaje Anarchy Announcement

This picture was just posted via Twitter

Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #42
whodeeni

Talking Re: Tatuaje Anarchy Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
If it makes it that long...might bring to Epic...let ya know first hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Looks like that Tat SW made it to Epic!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #43
OHRD

Old 11-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #44
OHRD

Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #45
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

looks good, just need a sampler to taste
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #46
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Wow...that is a beautiful cigar. Love the cap! Hah
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #47
docdoty
Cigars & Guns...what else

First Name: Justin
Trading: (8)
RA AirForce
docdoty is on a distinguished road

I would love to get some of these. Are they available yet and if so where.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #48
OHRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdoty View Post
I would love to get some of these. Are they available yet and if so where.
Pre orders begin Black Friday, release on Dec 10th
Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #49
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

So is this going to be a regular release or limited? I really hope it's NOT another limited as Pete is really pushing his luck if so as people like myself are going to start getting tired of the constant release of limited releases as lately it seems to never end. I know I would have loved to get some SODOs but by the time they came out my attitude went from excitement to F*ck You. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy Petes stuff but give it a break already with the limited releases. A few a year is fine but how many have we seen in just a little over a month now? At this point it's like taking advantage of your loyal consumers. Just my .02!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #50
smokinpeace
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Brennan
Trading: (6)
smokinpeace is on a distinguished road

I understand the feeling given I just bought the Face and Barkley Rex. I am sitting out this one (maybe a fiver) but there is no reason to say he should stop making these releases. If I don't want to buy another I don't. If they sell then good for him. I think the problem comes in thinking we all have to buy every release. Just don't buy them. Don't get angry with a guy who it trying to help out retailers who are asking him to do this for them. I don't think he makes enough money from these to make it worth it given the time to blend, create packaging and bands, ship, etc. Just not worth it for 200 boxes. He does it to help out retailers who are selling his products.
smokinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #51
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I am not sure I understand people pitching the hate over the limited release stuff......

As I posted in the Barclay Rex thread... These appear to be a nice thing for B&M that get the releases and it is fun to try to try to grab a box or 5er.

In the end, there are plenty of cigars out there that I enjoy and can smoke if I can't get hold of something else.... For me it just seems odd to get fired up about cigars and what a manufacturer chooses to do marketing wise....

Hell, I'd love to be buying boxes of RASS, BoliPC & BF's, Monty 2's...Party4's....but I'm not on here railing against our government embargo.... I just buy what I can buy and enjoy what I can smoke....

Not sure that is a great analogy....but it's what came to mind....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #52
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I'm not saying to stop making the LEs all together but hell space them out a bit. IMHO, I just think he is going to the well to often is all and it could hurt him more than help if everyone starts feeling the way I do. I would love to acquire each and every one but my monthly budget can only be stretched so far. Wouldn't seem so brutal had he spaced each release out a couple months.
I think he is making plenty of money on the sales of these sticks otherwise he would not be doing it IMHO. He is in the business to make money so if he wasn't making money I doubt he would put the time and effort in to coming up with the blends to be released on a limited basis for all these shops. Figure it costs him at the most $4 to make a cigar and that is a high guesstimate. Now he charges roughly $12 a stick times 200 boxes at 24 sticks per. That's a pretty decent profit for a short run in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #53
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

OK. I definitely want these!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #54
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I'm not saying to stop making the LEs all together but hell space them out a bit. IMHO, I just think he is going to the well to often is all and it could hurt him more than help if everyone starts feeling the way I do. I would love to acquire each and every one but my monthly budget can only be stretched so far. Wouldn't seem so brutal had he spaced each release out a couple months.
I think he is making plenty of money on the sales of these sticks otherwise he would not be doing it IMHO. He is in the business to make money so if he wasn't making money I doubt he would put the time and effort in to coming up with the blends to be released on a limited basis for all these shops. Figure it costs him at the most $4 to make a cigar and that is a high guesstimate. Now he charges roughly $12 a stick times 200 boxes at 24 sticks per. That's a pretty decent profit for a short run in my opinion.

You are kidding right? Even with your math that is only $38,400, factor in marketing, his time, incidentals, and you get an even lower number than that. These sticks are pure an simple a marketing expense that he is maybe breaking even on. Sure the store makes money and He makes money as that store buys more of his regular production and word gets out and what not, but there is no way these LE's are where he is making money.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #55
whodeeni

Talking Re: Tatuaje Anarchy Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
OK. I definitely want these!
Oh Shut up Dan!

And John... calm down bud... I know what you mean though... I personally
feel that Pete is publicly airing out his vendetta w/ another guy that got
the whole limited release concept from him in the "first place"!

On another forum Pete mentioned that he really doesn't make hardly anything
when he does the limited runs, but its more of a fun thing for him...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #56
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
... I personally
feel that Pete is publicly airing out his vendetta w/ another guy that got
the whole limited release concept from him in the "first place"!
Yep. I think a lot of people realize that Pete and Andre Farkas (Viaje) don't like each other.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #57
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

15 count box for $149.85 per my twitter.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #58
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Just wanted to point out that I am not really angry at all. Just giving my point of view. Life is too short to get angry over rolled up leaves and someone elses business. Hell I have enough BS in my life to get pissed over so I don't need anymore.
I guess in a long winded way I was just saying the LE's would be more fun spread out over a longer period of time and not overlapping each other. I know I am not the only one that feels this way but it seems because I am saying something negative about Pete that people are not happy with my opinion as there is a lot of Tatuaje love on this board. I love his smokes just as much as the next guy but figured I would share my opinion on the subject on the whole Tat LE topic. Still never got to find out if these will be regular production or a LE. I never knew that Pete and Andre had a beef with each other. Would love to hear the back story on that one but that can be saved for another thread as I think I pulled the wheels of this topic enough already.
Now a great LE for me would be to bring the damn Frank blend back and I will be gitty like a school girl all over again .
And I will be 100% honest. These Anarchys look great and I will be doing my best to be sure to have available funds ready in case I can score 5 or 10.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #59
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Yep. I think a lot of people realize that Pete and Andre Farkas (Viaje) don't like each other.
I dont know anything about farkas, but would like to find out more about their dislike of each other. Care to share?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #60
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Just wanted to point out that I am not really angry at all. Just giving my point of view. Life is too short to get angry over rolled up leaves and someone elses business. Hell I have enough BS in my life to get pissed over so I don;t need anymore.
I guess in a long winded way I was just saying the LE's would be more fun spread out over a longer period of time and not overlapping each other. I know I am not the only one that feels this way but it seems because I am saying something negative about Pete that people are not happy with my opinion. I love his smokes just as much as the next guy but figured I would share my opinion on the subject on the whole Tat LE topic. Still never got to find out if these will be regular production or a LE. I never knew that Pete and Andre had a beef with each other. Would love to hear the back story on that one but that can be saved for another thread as I think I pulled the wheels of this topic enough already.

I understood what you were saying. I still smoke a bunch of regular production tats, but havent bought any LE stuff in a couple years. I would love to but just cant justify it.