Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid knows no bounds.

Appears I'll be spending the day in bed. This is a good story that pretty much typifies the depth of and width and breadth of my retardation, so bear with me.
I have a neurological disorder that makes all my muscles contract, then doesn't allow them to retract. I take tons of pills that keep it mostly in check, which is totally awesome, and I thank the Good Lord for it every day.*
There's just one hitch, I cannot ingest potassium. I have to read every label, and watch for it everywhere. It's not even a big deal. A little doesn't matter, I just have to stay away from "lots of potassium" stuff, like soft drinks, diet "vitamin water", anything with weird potassium chemical derivatives.
So fast forward to yesterday...
Aunt Beverly brought one of those graham cracker deserts with 3 inches of cool whip and sprinkles on top to the Super Bowl party we hosted.
I saw my daughter passing out plates and asked her, "Fix up your old Dad". So she got my a giant pile, and i pounded it in my face at light speed. I remember thinking, "mmmmmmmmmm, these bananas aren't even mooshy. Aunt Beverly must have got bananas just a few days ago cause they're just right"
Then Lisa said, "Isn't that bananas?", to which I replied, "ya, baby. Want some?"
She declined. A bit later while I'm stomping the second giant pile in my face, Lisa says "Is that more of that banana stuff?, to which I replied, "oh, yeah, baby, It is SO good!!!"
A little while later, I started gimping around while we were cleaning up. I made a comment to her about it, and she said "You had two plates of bananas, what do you expect? You're really gonna pay tomorrow."
At that very moment is when it occurred to me that banana desert contained bananas.*
Then I said "Why'd you let me eat that crap, you know I can't eat that stuff?" (That's the old "divert attention and shift the blame" technique. Lisa is too smart, it doesn't work, but I'm compelled to try it out occasionally, anyways.)
Her answer was "I asked you if there bananas in there."
That's when I explained to her that it never occurred to me for a moment that banana desert actually contained bananas. I'm not sure she really believes I'm that stupid, but here I am before God and my brothers exclaiming "Yes, Martha, I'm that freaking stupid."
Fortunately she was good enough to fetch me a green pill a little while ago which are my emergency pills that'll keep my muscles from tearing up my joints and ruining me for a week. I'll spend the day all doofy from green pills watching SpongeBob.

The proper response to this story is not "Sorry, Scott, get better soon."
I'm thinking something more on the lines of "damn, man, you're about as sharp as a rubber band" would be far more appropriate.

And so I haven't completely wasted your time, here's an interesting fact. Prunes have way more potassium than bananas. I just found that out a couple weeks ago. Fortunately I didn't eat them. I now treat them as if they're toxic waste.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stupid knows no bounds.

I think it's actually a reaction to the "Go Steelers " under your avatar.

Feel better soon, brother!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Stupid sexy bananas.

Feel better, Scott. (Sorry, I had to.)

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'll spend the day all doofy from green pills watching SpongeBob.
Doofy?

Spongebob ain't too bad. I have a 3 year old who LOVES the show, so naturally I watch a good amount of it with him.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Blindjimme
Judgement Impaired

First Name: JB
Trading: (14)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Blindjimme will become famous soon enough

Gee Scott, that was dum. D - U - M, dum. Stay away from prunes, too
Blindjimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Goober!!! Two plates?? Really??
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

There are actually Bananas in a Banana dessert? Go figure
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
Wanger

Damn, are you stupid, or what? I'd vote for the "or what" option, as it'd be an insult to stupid people, otherwise.

Hope you feel better soon, and remember that banana desserts usually contain bananas. Though someday soon, I'm sure someone will come up with a banana-less banana dessert. Just for you.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Prunes have way more potassium than bananas. I just found that out a couple weeks ago. Fortunately I didn't eat them. I now treat them as if they're toxic waste.
No known neurological disorders here and I still treat them like this.

The question is, was the dessert worth it?
Pills and SpongeBob don't sound to bad to me.
Seriously though, glad you're OK.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Scott, I am going to print this thread and use you as an example of how Steelers fans are sharp as a bowling ball. Hope that you feel better soon.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Sorry, Scott, get better soon. My aunt always told me that the lessons learned hardest are the ones learned best. Besides, bananas and Cool Whip are just too hard to resist.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I guess we have to put labels on Bananas warning people that they contain potassium. LOL. sorry to hear you have to spend the day in bed. Take care brother.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

u r dum.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Just one last warning Scott; cigars are known to contain tobacco.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

You crack me up. I'll give you stoopid but feel better anyway. LOL!
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #17
Sled Dog
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tim
Trading: (0)
Sled Dog is on a distinguished road

Anybody want to try to guess what color Oranges are?
Sled Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Here you go:

Common foods with more potassium per serving are baked potatoes with 1081 milligrams per medium potato, bananas with 594 milligrams per one cup (297 per half cup), lima beans with 955 milligrams per cup (477.5 per half cup) and pinto beans with 800 milligrams per cup.

In the fruit department five dates or two dried figs have 271 milligrams, cantaloupe has 494 milligrams per one cup, orange juice has 496 milligrams per cup, pears have 208 milligrams each medium pear and one nectarine has 288 milligrams of potassium.

Milk or yogurt at 407 (for skim milk) to 579 milligrams, for plain yogurt, of potassium per cup. Cooked greens such as spinach (839 milligrams per cup) or tomato sauce (909 milligrams per cup).

Brussel sprouts, carrots, melons, winter squash, papaya, baked sweet potato (with the skin), cooked mushrooms, lentils and artichokes all have 500 or more milligrams of potassium per serving. Baked or broiled salmon, dark meat turkey and lean beef also contain 500 to 600 milligrams of potassium per 6 ounce, or dinner meal, serving.

Salt substitute has approximately 356 milligrams of potassium per one quarter teaspoon. There are also sports drinks available, in flavors like grape, orange, strawberry, lemon-lime, sour melon or cherry, that have added potassium.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #20
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Scott. Hope you feel better.

BTW, head's up for kiwi, cantaloupe, or OJ (especially if he has a knife).