Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #41
charleswelchjr

Default Re: Impatience is killing me....

wow, these humidors need to be posted in the humidor thread as well.
awesome stuff
Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #42
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Yes, the damage is a bit frustrating but these things do happen. Since the damage is so superficial and easy to fix, plus it doesn't affect the function or finish of the main humi, I don't see a huge point in getting upset, stressed or worried about it. Other customers, including some of the guys on this board, have suffered bigger hits that have required much bigger humidors with customer inlays/etc to be made over again from scratch.... those guys had to wait a lot longer for their resolution than I will. Bob will make it right for me, of that I have no worries.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #43
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

And some new friends all ready to move in once they've had a nice sleep in the freezer. Gotta love weeks in Cuba and border service agents that don't feel the need to impose fines, penalties or taxes on you when you go over your limit

Boxes:

2011 RyJ Short Churchills
2010 Cuaba Divinos
2011 Partagas Serie D4
2011 Monte Edmondo
2011 Trinidad Coloniales
2011 Vegas Robaina Famosos
2011 Cohiba Behike 52
2011 Cohiba Behike 56

Singles (gifts from the staff at the RyJ Factory Store):

RyJ Cazadores x 5
H. Upmann Sir Winston
Cohiba Robusto
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #44
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Consolidated down my other 2 humidors, a small 7 drawer cabinet and a 100ct desktop containing a total of about 250-ish sticks, into the Aristocrat today and did a test fit of the new boxes before putting them into the freezer. It was funny, I'd been regretting a little that I hadn't bought a box of the Behike 54's just to complete the set, but now I'm glad I didn't since I don't think it would have fit! Empty to full in one easy step...

... and like everyone else has said, if you're ordering an Aristocrat make sure you spend the little extra and get the full extension shelves. They make life SOOOO much easier!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #45
Lonely Raven

Wow that's quite a stash!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #46
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

First Name: Jason
Trading: (24)
Partagas
deadrise has a spectacular aura aboutdeadrise has a spectacular aura about

very nice stash right there I think you needed 2 of them humi's
Old 11-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #47
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

So just a quick update on this. I installed the replacement base a couple weekends ago, Bob actually had it shipped out to me well before that but it sat at my drop ship location in WA for a couple weeks before I was able to get down and pick it up. Don't have a picture yet but it definitely "finishes" the look of the humidor, especially for one like mine that will sit on the floor and not on a desk, sideboard or end table.

Unfortunately the door also needs to be replaced due to a hairline split in the bottom corner, likely from the shipping impact, that I hadn't noticed until I had the humidor upside down to install the base and new fan wiring (see below). Bob is currently moving shop so it'll take a little bit of time before he can make me a replacement, but I'm sure it'll all be resolved in time. The humidor has been rock solid at 70% +/- 0.5% since it finished seasoning so the door it's fully functional which means it's not an emergency by any stretch. It's more about ensuring I'm 100% happy with my humidor and not hurting potential resale on the off chance I ever decide to sell it.

I have to say, I'm constantly blown away not just by the quality but by the attention to detail. There are so many little things, things that the majority to customers may never notice, that make it what it is. I wasn't really happy with the noise coming off the 40mm reservoir fan in my original Set & Forget so I asked Bib to make me a replacement lid with a 60mm cutout instead. At the same time I replaced the 40mm recirculating fan at the top with an 8db 60mm and added a second 60mm recirc at the bottom firing upwards to better even out the humidity as the reservior was causing the bottom to settle 2 or 3% higher than the top. That second fan was exactly the ticket, recirc and humidifying is now completely silent and there zero variance it RH from top to bottom.

Of course that additional fan required adding new wiring, and the thing that really struck me as I was adding it was that Bob had thought to take the time to notch out the slider spacers at the back to allow the fan and power wiring to pass behind the spacer along the cabinet wall instead going around it, thus making a MUCH cleaner install of the wiring runs. The big thing that blew me away, enough that I actually called him to compliment him on it the next day, was the spacer for the included recirculating fan. On the face if it it just looks like a small block of Spanish Cedar square stock meant to raise the fan and allow airflow. Howevr Bob has actually cut an exact 40mm diameter semicircle out of the block to ensure maximum airflow and reduce noise from turbulence. A very simple and logical thing when you think about it, but one of those little design features that makevan Aristocrat what it is... and 99% of his customers will never even realise it's there. An absolutely amazing attention to detail that you unfortunately just don't see in most products nowadays.

Last edited by mithrilG60; 11-22-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #48
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

With base installed.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #49
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Very nice! It's absolutely gorgeous.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #50
OldDirty
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (0)
OldDirty is on a distinguished road

Great looking humidor!
OldDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #51
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

As is yours, they both turned out beautifully!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #52
racerX
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: john
Trading: (0)
racerX is on a distinguished road

Great post. Thanks for sharing. Speaking of sharing it's the holiday season. You know... where it is better to give than receive so I'll send you my address.
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote