Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
Bageland2000
On another adventure

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (2)
RyJ Army (Active)
Bageland2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Going to pop the question...need ring suggestions!

OK so It's been over three years, and it's at the point where I can't wait much longer to ask my gf to marry me. She's the love of my life, and I've known that I was going to marry her about a week into our relationship...but I digress

I'm assuming there are at least as many financial predators in the jewelery business as there are in the used car, real estate, and stock market sectors. My gut is telling me to stay away from all of the chain stores all together (the thought of one of my girlfriend's aunts coyly whispering to her mother "he went to Jared" makes me want to inhale Cohiba smoke until my stomach ejects itself from my insides) I've been reading a lot on the components of a ring (the 4 Cs, setting, etc) so I'm not so much looking for advice on that (though I'm always open to suggestions) as I am looking on ways to not get ripped off. I've heard of buying antique rings, has anyone done that? If anyone has any positive advice or horror stories with a lesson please share. I'd love to hear from as many people as possible