Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #101
BC-Axeman

Default Re: Let's see those '09 gardens

Starting to get squash and cukes. Tomatoes are behind because of the cold spell. Corn is very tall but no tassels yet. String beans are getting big but no blooms yet. I have some tobacco from tzaddi's seeds but they are tiny still. A bad year for fruit here. The weather turned terrible just as everything was blooming. I have one pear, that's it. Not counting the persimmons, which bloomed later.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #102
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Cooked 8 hot banana peppers and 4 jalenpenos last night. Stuffed them with cream cheese, wrapped them with bacon, and covered them with cheddar cheese.

All from the garden.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #103
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Garden update-
Cucumbers are starting to develop nicely

Got some nice asparagus spears coming up still.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #104
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Thought this was kinda cool. The eggplants flowers are starting to develop spikes on them.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #105
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Harold, the eggplant bud is awesome! Never seen one so young in development. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #106
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I've put up 4 quart jars of jalapenos, cut into rings, and pickled with vinegar. Wore later gloves the entire time. Hot bastards! Plants still full of peppers. Squash have finally all but petered out. Planted 6 more hills of them this weekend. Tomatoes are still producing well, but slowed down a little. Cucumbers slowed a bit, too. Planted a few more hills of those this weekend. On a side note, I'm now on my 3rd batch of bluebirds this year. I've got two houses and only one house has ever been productive and it stays busy from early spring until. The side lifts up on it to clean and inspect. Here's a shot I took while mom and dad were foraging. i have no idea where they find all the insects I see them hauling back and forth. It's a miracle of nature.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:50 AM   #107
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Great picture Jamie! The robins under our deck had their second set of babies and they are all gone now. Amazing how fast the process is.

I ended up eat my first cucumber from the garden last night. Our season must be quite a bit after yours down in the Carolinas. Appears everything is about to hit it's prime here in another week. Still haven't gotten my first red tomato yet. Lot's of them but all are still green?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #108
BC-Axeman

Yeah, My tomatoes are set back by the coolness of the early season. The squash are overproducing. We are getting some great cukes. The corn is in tassels and seven feet tall. The string beans have flowers and will soon be overproducing. We can harvest lettuce by giving it a trim one more time maybe. A good year so far.
I trapped my 24th gopher for a new seasonal record. They are getting more scarce now. A good thing.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #109
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Went out in the garden this evening after work to pick 10 sweet banana peppers, 1 huge cuke, 14 jalepenos, 1 italian burner, and 1 hot wax pepper. Everything is starting to load up so I think it I will be picking lots here in the next few weeks.

Lot's of acorn squash and zucchini growing but not close to being ready just yet. I've got loads of tomatos but none have turned red yet.

I need to stop watching the pot waiting for it to boil.

GROW DAMNIT, GROW!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #110
BC-Axeman

This morning, just after the watering:

And a Thompson Seedless vine:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #111
BC-Axeman

We picked about 8 lbs. of string beans yesterday. The plants are getting ready for a second blooming.
Tomato plants are just sitting there with green tomatoes on them, not ripening.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #112
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

I'm having the same problem Lance. Lot's of green tomatos but none are red.

Been picking he heck out of peppers, squash, cucumbers, and soon some corn. I will have to take an updated picture to post.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #113
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I took a video cause I was too lazy to take pics.
I'm transcoding it and getting it ready to go to youtube.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #114
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Here she is.
It says it's still processing. I don't know what that means.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #115
BC-Axeman

That's great, Scott! Saw your herf porch in there too.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #116
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Attached Images
File Type: jpg corn7.jpg (121.9 KB, 191 views)
Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #117
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
That's great, Scott! Saw your herf porch in there too.
I'm just shocked it worked.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #118
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Here she is.
It says it's still processing. I don't know what that means.
Scott, that is bad ars!!!!!!!!! Never thought to do a video man! Sweet garden! I'm stoked I got to hear your voice and see your place and plants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
That corn is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #119
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road

Well my little garden was eaten up by the baby bunnies that have invaded our yard. They ate all the green bean leaves and vines. But left the couple green beans. They completely ate the peanut plants. Asd the strawberries get close to ripeness, boom, gone. LOTS of green tomatoes. Not a red one in site. Maybe one little pepper.

Bunnies even ate up all my morning glories, lily plants, etc...

First year we have had them around. As fun as they are to watch grow up on my flowers and veggies, it's annoying. LOL
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #120
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Garden is still doing well. Tomatoes and cukes are solid. I planted more summer squash and they're 1 foot tall. My peppers have done better than any I can ever remember. I've put up a dozen or more jars so far.