Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #461
earnold25
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (8)
Bolivar
earnold25 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
That code is already done . It will be in the next release as well. Give the phone a shake, and it pops up a random cigar from your inventory. I had a technical glitch at the last minute, so commented out the code when I release that last version. And no, I don't think this was discussed in earlier parts of the thread. I was keeping it as a surprise
well shoot. great timing thanks Ken!
earnold25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #462
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

First Name: Chris
Trading: (13)
Cohiba
MNSmoker has disabled reputation

Ken,

First off great job with this app, I absolutely love it. I just purchased this last night and I have a couple of questions/recommendations after toying around with it for a little bit.

-Is there a way that you can add a 4 digit passcode feature to gain access to the app?
-Is there a way that you can differentiate between cuban cigars that are current production and those that are discontinued? Also, maybe even a separate way to recognize the limited edition or regional edition cigars. A nice way to do that would be to use separate font colors, or to group the cigar types together under separate headers (example: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/bra...x?brand=Cohiba)
-If a cigar is discontinued, it would be nice to see the year that the cigar was discontinued rather than the word Yes.
-Is there a way to add the year that the cigar came into production?
-Is there a way that you can add packaging types to current production cuban cigars?

Thanks again Ken.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #463
Addiction

Ken,

I just noticed something. When I use the smoke one button if that selection is reduced to zero it doesn't remove it, it just shows 0 left in that box. Is that supposed to happen?

Also is there an easy way to transfer things to a "smoked" list so you can see what you have smoked and bought over the years.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #464
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSmoker View Post
Ken,

First off great job with this app, I absolutely love it. I just purchased this last night and I have a couple of questions/recommendations after toying around with it for a little bit.

-Is there a way that you can add a 4 digit passcode feature to gain access to the app?
I'm sure there's a way; I'll take a look at what it would take; haven't really considered that before, but I understand a couple of scenarios where that would be desirable

Quote:
-Is there a way that you can differentiate between cuban cigars that are current production and those that are discontinued? Also, maybe even a separate way to recognize the limited edition or regional edition cigars. A nice way to do that would be to use separate font colors, or to group the cigar types together under separate headers (example: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/bra...x?brand=Cohiba)
Yes, I did this in the original web version of Mobile Stogie (which still exists, by the way, at this link. Is that what you have in mind?

Quote:
-If a cigar is discontinued, it would be nice to see the year that the cigar was discontinued rather than the word Yes.
-Is there a way to add the year that the cigar came into production?
-Is there a way that you can add packaging types to current production cuban cigars?
Each of these presents some challenges in terms of maintenance (as well as mostly being relevant to Cuban cigars). I honestly never intended Mobile Stogie to become "the" definitive reference, but more focused on the inventory capabilities. Already, I'm sure the reference info around the 'discontinued' status is not 100% accurate. But, having said that, it is also clear that people are using this as a reference more than I expected. Let me see what I can do on these; I'll add 'em to the list
Old 10-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #465
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Ken,

I just noticed something. When I use the smoke one button if that selection is reduced to zero it doesn't remove it, it just shows 0 left in that box. Is that supposed to happen?
I've toyed around with this, but wanted to keep it simple so left it as just reducing the quantity to 0 (but it won't go below that ). Often when I smoke the last of a cigar entry, I just tap the delete button to get it out of my humidor. But if you want to keep the record, and add notes or something, then you could edit the record and change the humidor to "smoked". This refers to current version...

Quote:
Also is there an easy way to transfer things to a "smoked" list so you can see what you have smoked and bought over the years.
In the next version I'm shipping this weekend, there will be a 'transfer' capability that will make this easier. I'll describe that in more detail after I get the testing done and ship it off to Apple...
Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #466
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

First Name: Chris
Trading: (13)
Cohiba
MNSmoker has disabled reputation

Quote:
I'm sure there's a way; I'll take a look at what it would take; haven't really considered that before, but I understand a couple of scenarios where that would be desirable
There's a free app called Lose it! that you can check out that offers this feature. I think it would be a nice option to have for your app.

Quote:
Yes, I did this in the original web version of Mobile Stogie (which still exists, by the way, at this link. Is that what you have in mind?
Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind. I understand what you're saying about not intending for this program to be used as a reference tool, but that's one of the big things that I would like out of it.

Thanks again Ken.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #467
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Well, it took a little longer than expected, but I finally got the next version of Mobile Stogie submitted to the app store. Hopefully, the review process will be reasonable, and this should be available in a week or so. It will show up as Version 1.8.6 (current release is 1.7.0).

What's new:
  • Added capability to email cigar inventory data
  • Added capability to move cigars between humidors
  • Added 'shake to select random cigar' feature
  • User interface tweaks
  • Code optimization to reduce memory needs and to increase speed
  • Added hundreds of cigars to the default database

When I get a few minutes, I'll post some "use cases" to highlight how some of the new features can make things easier, especially for those of us who move cigars around (pifs, bombs, trades, herfs, etc.)
Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #468
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well, it took a little longer than expected, but I finally got the next version of Mobile Stogie submitted to the app store.
Thanks Ken. Looks like a good list of features. Thanks for working on this.

(I have another app where the programmer has been promising an update since I got the app in February. Still waiting for all of the feature updates.)
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #469
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Good news Ken can't wait for the release a lo of great features in this one
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #470
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, it took a little longer than expected, but I finally got the next version of Mobile Stogie submitted to the app store. Hopefully, the review process will be reasonable, and this should be available in a week or so. It will show up as Version 1.8.6 (current release is 1.7.0).

What's new:
  • User interface tweaks

When I get a few minutes, I'll post some "use cases" to highlight how some of the new features can make things easier, especially for those of us who move cigars around (pifs, bombs, trades, herfs, etc.)
Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #471
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:

What's new:
  • User interface tweaks

I had downloaded the application when you first posted it here and became available.
Frankly, been so busy, had not had time to toy with it since then.
Last night, while sweating watching the Yankees, I messed with it and did some updates.
Great new features added to it since I last used it.
Can't wait to see these latest updates.
Nice job.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #472
Addiction

Ken can you add the SLR Pacifico please.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #473
SilverFox

Quote:
Ken,

Ok this is one I would be interested in.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #474
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

WICKED!

I just want you to know bro, that I would be willing to pay for occassional upgrades. I don't know about the majority of the users but I don't mind paying now and again for upgrades since I know they require a bit of work on your part.

Kudos
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #475
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Ken can you add the SLR Pacifico please.
Yep, it's added now.
I'm thinking of a new model for adding cigars: to have a cigar added, you'd need to send me one, so I could do appropriate tests and measurements to ensure accuracy

ok, maybe not
Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #476
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
WICKED!

I just want you to know bro, that I would be willing to pay for occassional upgrades. I don't know about the majority of the users but I don't mind paying now and again for upgrades since I know they require a bit of work on your part.

Kudos
Thanks for the support, but right now the app store doesn't easily support the concept of paid upgrades. They allow "in app purchases", with which I could enable a "pay $$ for expanded features" kind of model, but to me it feels like nickel and diming people. If they ever did the true paid upgrade model, I might take advantage of that to offset the work for a major feature upgrade, but it's working fine for me now, since it's just a hobby anyway.

I do appreciate the support and feedback from CA members though
Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #477
Addiction

Quote:
Yep, it's added now.
I'm thinking of a new model for adding cigars: to have a cigar added, you'd need to send me one, so I could do appropriate tests and measurements to ensure accuracy

ok, maybe not
Well being that thanks to you I now have a method for tracking my cigar collection I'm sure SOMETHING could be worked out lol. Oh and as for the SLR Pacifico unless you are a SLR kinda dood you won't like it, it wasn't great to me.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #478
Addiction

Ken,

How about something where I can sort my cigars based on the rating?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #479
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Ken,

How about something where I can sort my cigars based on the rating?
Ok, let me get that added
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #480
SilverFox

Quote:
Yep, it's added now.

ok, maybe not
Ok done..................but I need your addie