Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough
Default #48 Build - Ambrosia Maple & Quilted Maple Humidor

I started milling the wood for this one... First time I've had the pleasure of working with Quilted Maple.... and all I can say is WOW! I'm glad the BOTL that ordered this one chose it... it is going to look fantastic with the Ambrosia Maple.... I can't wait to see this one come together... And, I really can't wait to do the lid!

She is planned to be 26" x 13" x 8" for right at 386 count humidor....

Stay tuned!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Fenster

Default Re: #48 Build - Ambrosia Maple & Quilted Maple Humidor

the quilted Maple is gorgeous.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough

I spent the last couple of days milling and dimensioning the wood.... time consuming and really not much to take pictures of.... This will be the front of the humidor.... Base Molding is Quilted Maple and the main body is the Ambrosia Maple....

Ambrosia Maple is so called because the Maple tree was infested with Ambrosia Beetles.... and the stains that you see are the result of the tree's reaction to them... Yo can see the "worm holes" in each of the stains... This wood is prized in the wood working arena for it's uniqueness....

Oh...and then there's the quilted maple.... All I can say is I can't wait to make the lid!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

Army (Served With Honor)

This one is coming along nicely.... Sanded down the quilted maple and man, I can't wait to oil it up.... Will be working on the lid throughout the week... Also, put splines in and set the hinge holes....

Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

She's purty!!