Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #61
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Snus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #62
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.
Thanks for volunteering, Wayne!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #63
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Thanks for volunteering, Wayne!
Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #64
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.
I was just saying if people are going to pay $4.50+/can plus $7 shipping, some of us Detroiters might be able to save you a few bucks. Not a ton, but they are $3.99/can and as many as can fit into a $5 flat rate box.

Not sure if it's worth the trouble, but it might be worthwhile. If getsnus or northerner offer free shipping for 10 cans or more, our offer might be moot.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #65
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #66
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.
That's true.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #67
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
I'm gonna go checkout what they have but I'm pretty sure it's just mini mint, wintergreen, mint and silver. If there was a group buy put together I'm sure it would be cheaper..
Old 10-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #68
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS
Old 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #69
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

what is silver?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #70
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
what is silver?
Silver is the regular (unflavored) General snus.

MCS
Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #71
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS
That truly sucks. Oh well, $13 shipping spread out over a few people ain't much.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #72
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

DayUm... I just went to a couple sites to get some General White Portion Mint. The price for 50 cans came out to $148.80... not bad. Shipping was $18.99... not bad. The killer was the tobacco tax of $112.50!!! WTF!!!!

If anyone knows how to help a brother out I would appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #73
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Whoa! Not good!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #74
Will herf for food

VR

I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #75
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.
Thanks for the offer brother... I decided to go another route. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #76
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Selling some: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38945
Old 11-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #77
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans)
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #78
druturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavescrashing View Post
I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans)
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.
I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #79
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by druturn View Post
I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.
Yeah, I've got a roll in the freezer of the General extra sterk, 02, Skruf extra, Odens Cinnamon extra sterk, 1887, and a couple stragglers. I'm not a fan of Ettan or Nick and Johnny snus (tried almost all).
I've got some rolls coming along with a few extra cans of new stuff I wanted to try:
General Long Sterk
Gotlandssnus Julesnus (Christmas) Portion

If the Christmas release turns out nice, I'll order a roll or two before they pull them off the shelf after Christmas time.
I'll do a mini review of those when they come in.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #80
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Snus'ing right now.