Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #41
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: Snus?

Kronan White Portion is also very good. The only reason to refrigerate is to keep the snus fresh. I keep a few cans in the car and it stays fine for a couple weeks.

MCS
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #42
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the help, guys!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #43
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Has anyone tried the General Mini portions and General White Mini back to back? Any big difference?
Quote:
Haha thats a cool fix!

The Goterberg Rape No. 2 was recommended for those just starting snus or those who like Camel Snus. (I like the Camel Snus, but sometimes I can hardly taste the flavor).
I too don't like to go much over 4mg. I can do the others but definitely not over 8mg.

As to the difference in the General Mini and Mini white's; I find that the regular mini lasts a bit longer storage wise. The uptake is also quicker on the nicotine. The White's however, taste a little better to me as the slow uptake and your own moistening make it that way.

The Goteberg No.2 is a nice change of pace to the regular mint, wintergreen, etc. It's got juniper berry that is pretty pronounced after a while. I would buy a can and try it. I like to supplement it when I get tired of plain or minty snus's.

Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #44
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #45
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.
Yeah he prefer's the Onyx over the Oden's as well. I think it's mostly because it comes in a black pouch.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #46
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I pretty much stick to the General White Portion Mint. I love the stuff!!! Prices sure have gone up though!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #47
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #48
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?
I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #49
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.
Thanks. I realized after I posted that it was kind of a personal question. I just wanted another's opinon/experience. I appreciate your response.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #50
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

I quit cigarettes over two years ago.
I've currently been on an Oden's strong and 02 Strong kick. The Oden's are a lot more flavorful though. The 02s take quite some time to "bleed" through the pouch, similar to a white portion. I've also been enjoying the General Onyx. I revisited these about a week ago. I forgot how much I like them.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #51
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.

Last edited by DPD6030; 10-07-2010 at 06:50 AM.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #52
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.
How much was shipping, if I may ask?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #53
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
How much was shipping, if I may ask?
Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT

MCS
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #54
Will herf for food

VR

Andrew, Smoker's Outlet has them retail for $3.99/can. I'm sure your brother, or one of us on the east side could buy them and mail them to you if it would save you some money.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #55
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT

MCS
Wow. Well that's not good.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #56
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #57
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!
Same $$ for shipping?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #58
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #59
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #60
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
Lol, if you're offering...

at the moment I won't buy from the online stores. I don't smoke cigarettes, and I'm not trying to quit or anything. Paying almost double or triple my order cost for shipping just isn't going to work for me.