Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (4)
paris1129 is on a distinguished road
Default Montegue Cabinet Humidor = AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
ALL Enjoy your Montegues (we should start a MOntegue thread)
Okay, so I'll be THAT guy and start the Montegue thread! I love my montegue cabinet! I went way bigger than I thought I would ever need, and its already got more in it than I had planned on buying! I was a bit nervious buying something of this magnitude online and having it shipped, but it was super easy and came very well packaged! Where are my Montegue brothers at? Post your pics of your Montegue setup!!

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Montegue Cabinet Humidor = AWESOME

Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it. I bought the Antietam Cabinet which is about the same size figuring I would never outgrow it and now my Desktop humi that was supposed to be for quarantine only is full too. Not the worst problem to have but don't be surprised when your overflowing
Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it. I bought the Antietam Cabinet which is about the same size figuring I would never outgrow it and now my Desktop humi that was supposed to be for quarantine only is full too. Not the worst problem to have but don't be surprised when your overflowing

John you're so right! I bought an Aristocrat last year and never thought I would out grow it but, I am happy to say I also bought a vinotemp this past summer to help with over flow issues. I looked long and hard at the Montegue but went with Aristocrat because I wanted some custom features. They're great looking humidors for sure!

Chris.....
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it.
I don't know...once I liquuidate my Cigar01k, I will feel comfortable stocking only what a unit
that size would hold and just buying more as she gets a little emptier. I think it is fair to say
that there is a ritual we all seem to go through where we get a fever, and the only prescription
is more cigar-bell. But I also know there are a ton of people who get to a point and think they
have made an awful mistake letting their budget wildly outgrow their actual needs.
However, I do not know any way AROUND the standard scenario, better known as the slope.
It's just a process like fear, anger, denial, bargaining and acceptance.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road

Congrats! I love my Monte!
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Beautiful Humis! Anyone Have Any Idea How Many Sticks (Realistically) They Will Hold?

Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
BFallehy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Beautiful Humis! Anyone Have Any Idea How Many Sticks (Realistically) They Will Hold?

Thanks!
I know at one point I have well over a hundred sticks in the top drawer and I think I have about 20 to 25 boxes in the bottem cabinet. I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.

Trust me when I say I know I will eventualy outgrow it but it is deceptively deep and that may take a little while.

Here are some pics of mine.

Pics are a couple of months old so the stock has rotated a little but it is a great humi in my opinion.
BFallehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I know at one point I have well over a hundred sticks in the top drawer and I think I have about 20 to 25 boxes in the bottom cabinet. I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.
I have the same cabinet....I looked around a long time to find one my wife would let go in the family room. Where did you get the trays from, I like that idea. I don't know if it's the house or the cab. but I have a hard time keeping 65% since it got cold out and were running the heat more. I have a humidifier in the fam. room, but it struggles.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
I have the same cabinet....I looked around a long time to find one my wife would let go in the family room. Where did you get the trays from, I like that idea. I don't know if it's the house or the cab. but I have a hard time keeping 65% since it got cold out and were running the heat more. I have a humidifier in the fam. room, but it struggles.

Joe,

Put a small bowl of distilled water inside your Montegue that should help, it did me in my vino & cabinet.

Chris.....
Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
Chris has a good suggestion. Now in my area I don't have to worry about as much of a temp and humidity difference as you do in VA. But I keep two small 1 cup tuperwear cups that I have some charged beeds in. If the RH dips I just stick one of those in and it corrects. when it starts to climb I just take the cup out.
It has worked great for me, I also only realy check the RH once a week or so, it stays pretty good once it got conditioned well and I have had this humi for almost a year now and it is great.
Oh I also had to look around alot for something my girlfriend would be ok with. She likes this because it looks like a nice piece of forniture.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFallehy View Post
I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.
Where did you get those trays? That is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and I can't seem to find them anywhere I am looking! Please share your source!

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #12
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

how much can one expect to pay for one of these? I have a 150 ct desktop humidor and I just bought my first box.....it's downhill from here. Good thing I just got new skis last week.
jmsremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
MrOneEyedBoh
Hon.

Trading: (30)
MrOneEyedBoh will become famous soon enough

I have a desktop that holds around 75 and then I have a vino and waiting for chasden to get finished on this round for the drawers.. Again my Desktop is filled along with the vino. Guess it is cool-a-dor time. But only issues I have with that is the temps. Im not sure if I can maintain 65 degrees..

So I was thinking of that cab like Paris bought... Maybe another vino? Its cheaper and holds temps.
MrOneEyedBoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

looks good
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
MrOneEyedBoh
Hon.

Trading: (30)
MrOneEyedBoh will become famous soon enough

cheap humidors.com has them jms.
MrOneEyedBoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
systm
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
systm has disabled reputation

I'm going to get one next year (if space remains ) They are on Cbid pretty often, anyone have issues from them shipping?
systm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #17
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by systm View Post
I'm going to get one next year (if space remains ) They are on Cbid pretty often, anyone have issues from them shipping?
I actualy got mine through cbid, the shipping is quite hefty but I was able to get mine for less, including shipping, than any of the other sites I looked for it on.

If you want one of these figure out how much you are willing to spend and stick to that price. if you don't win this week it will probably be back on the bidding in a week or two.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1129 View Post
How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?
I think it was like 70 to 80. Can't remember, I got it almost a year ago.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

The Devil does a good job with shipping large humidors. Expensive, but with the price you could pay on your bid it is still usually significantly cheaper. Always remember to open it on the truck because once you sign the delivery papers you have little to no repercussions against CI or C-bid.