Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #61
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Car guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
+1. Never have been much of a Jaguar fan, but the new ones are SICK!

Moses---How do YOU pronounce Jaguar?
-Jag-you-er?
-Jag-you-are?
-Jag-wahr?
-Jag-wire?
Depends if I am wearing an ascot while driving, listening to James Bond theme. I usually just say "Jag" with the teeth clutched like Thusten Howel.

Our dog can't turn around in the back seat and she's just over 20 lbs...
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #62
Apexkingjusto
Newb

First Name: Justin
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Apexkingjusto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Why did you go turbo over supercharger? Seems like superchargers are more popular with S2000 crowd. Engine bay looks like a lot is going on!

My buddy also has a GTR and is a GTR tuner (for just about all of them in MA) and I can't imagine a car getting much faster than that. Truly amazing machine in terms of speed and technology. Maybe not the best looking car, but most will only see the back of it! His boss GTR is around 1000 hp I believe and I went for a ride in that once.
The debate over supercharger vs turbo on s2ks is like cc and nc . The turbo actually gets much better power down low and much hiher power at the top end. I track the car and wanted a quick spool. Plus this full race turbo kit is very reliable. I have over 40k miles on my setup with stock engine!

Who is your friend? Efi logica in danbury has done some work on my buddies gtr but most was done in chicago at ams ...he sent it to them to build and tune...aftermarket trans install from sheppard....
Apexkingjusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #63
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexkingjusto View Post
Who is your friend? Efi logica in danbury has done some work on my buddies gtr but most was done in chicago at ams ...he sent it to them to build and tune...aftermarket trans install from sheppard....
Funny, he was going to be a GTR in Chicago from a place that specializes in them. I fly through ORD twice a week and joked I could drive it home for him. He works Kaizen Tuning in Acton, MA http://www.kaizentuning.com/
Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #64
Apexkingjusto
Newb

Cohiba

Quote:
Funny, he was going to be a GTR in Chicago from a place that specializes in them. I fly through ORD twice a week and joked I could drive it home for him. He works Kaizen Tuning in Acton, MA http://www.kaizentuning.com/
Thats very funny cause i was in chicago also when my buddies was sent there and made the same offer will have to check him out, was not aware of any tuners in new england.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #65
Apexkingjusto
Newb

Cohiba

Very nice work! Pretty serious projects on his site. Wish he had dyno numbers but oh well. Love the lotus!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #66
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexkingjusto View Post
Very nice work! Pretty serious projects on his site. Wish he had dyno numbers but oh well. Love the lotus!
Last week there was over a dozen GTR's, a pair Ford GT's, a ton of Evo, a few Ferrari's, etc... all their customers onsite for their open house.

Man, do I like that Ford GT and I have grown up a Ford hater. Have to admit they've turned their product line around into something quite attractive.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #67
JohnRogers
I Still Ash On My Self

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
AirForce (Active)
JohnRogers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I have a 2012 Challenger SRT.
The PCM in the car is locked with rolling encryption, and has yet to be cracked.
Have you heard Mopar has licensed two manufactures to offer a tune for 2011 and later HEMI cars? This came out at the SEMA show. I believe Diablosport claims to have cracked the code as well.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #68
PearlS4
Entering the fray

First Name: James
PearlS4 is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm a car guy!!
My twin turbo 2001 B5 Audi S4, heavily modified, of course,

552HP/525Tq at the wheels
PearlS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #69
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Vroom
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #70
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

PearlS4 - Those are some big numbers! Is it a stock tranmission and axles? How reliable is your tune?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #71
ChicagoWhiteSox

Anyone own a certified pre-owned BMW 3 or 5 series? I'm thinking my next car is a pre-owned BMW sedan, 3 or 5 series. Just curious what guys think about pre-owned BMW cars.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #72
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

Had a cpo 07 7 series nothing but smiles. But dealers want to much for maintenance type work.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #73
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect View Post
Had a cpo 07 7 series nothing but smiles. But dealers want to much for maintenance type work.
I don't hear much about guys having big time issues with CPO BMW's, but like you said, from what I hear maintenance is crazy.. By the way, a 7 series is my dream car
Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #74
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I don't hear much about guys having big time issues with CPO BMW's, but like you said, from what I hear maintenance is crazy.. By the way, a 7 series is my dream car
Was one of my favorites, some local shops can dave money in general maintenance. Or you could do it yourself. Almost got a 2010 750. Stay away from perillo.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #75
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
My friend bought a 2010 3 series cabrio and he paid extra for wheel insurance and something else which sound like a waste of $, but he has had to replace two wheels and two tires within 6 months. Some people have crappy luck with cars and others rarily need any service.

Can't say I am a big fan of the marque. Personally, there are only a few BMW's that are striking to me; X6 and Z4. Kind of dig the X3 too. There's a BMW dealer 1.5 miles from my house.

Another friend is leasing a 7 series you'd drool over. It was a special order with unique brown leather over black that the original buyer backed out of. He got like 25K off of MSRP so his lease rates are like $900 a month on 100K+ car!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #76
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Was one of my favorites, some local shops can dave money in general maintenance. Or you could do it yourself. Almost got a 2010 750. Stay away from perillo.
perillo have bad service?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #77
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
My friend bought a 2010 3 series cabrio and he paid extra for wheel insurance and something else which sound like a waste of $, but he has had to replace two wheels and two tires within 6 months. Some people have crappy luck with cars and others rarily need any service.

Can't say I am a big fan of the marque. Personally, there are only a few BMW's that are striking to me; X6 and Z4. Kind of dig the X3 too. There's a BMW dealer 1.5 miles from my house.

Another friend is leasing a 7 series you'd drool over. It was a special order with unique brown leather over black that the original buyer backed out of. He got like 25K off of MSRP so his lease rates are like $900 a month on 100K+ car!
You own a Jag right?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #78
PearlS4
Entering the fray

First Name: James
PearlS4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PearlS4 - Those are some big numbers! Is it a stock tranmission and axles? How reliable is your tune?
Stock transmission, but using a Clutchmasters 850 twin disc to hold the power, brutal to drive with on the street. Axles are stock as well, they can be easily broken by a full throttle clutch dump. The trick is to roll into the power as to not shock the system. The tune is by EPL and is flawless. Could be used as a daily if one wanted, but 690hp (crank) is a bit much on the streets
PearlS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #79
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
You own a Jag right?
Yup, had a XJ8 Vanden Plas (which I sold to my accountant and he is loving it), and now have an XK coupe. Jag still caters to the car smoker. Owner’s manual calls it a cigar ash tray, the VDP had ashtrays everywhere along with lighters and even the XK it is easy to smoke a cigar in!

For me, the Brit’s are making the best looking and reliable cars in their history. I’ll put any of the imported to USA British marques against any car from Germany, USA or Japan in terms of fit, finish, quality and of course design.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #80
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
How much work can an average home mechanic do on a 750?