Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #21
TheManWithNoName

Default Re: What Cigar(s) Is Clint Eastwood Smoking in Wes

Well first, thanks to this thread for helping decide my username.
Now down to business. According to Wikipedia, Clint Eastwood article:
"Eastwood was instrumental in creating the Man With No Name character's distinctive visual style that would appear in throughout the Dollars trilogy. He bought the black jeans from a shop on Hollywood Boulevard, the hat from a Santa Monica wardrobe firm, and the trademark black cigars came from a Beverly Hills shop, though Eastwood himself is a non-smoker."
And from the "Man with no name" Wikipedia page:
"He habitually smokes a cigarillo while working... The Man's trademark cigars were also from California; their harshness put Eastwood in what he called a "scratchy mood," which aided in his characterization."
Now they don't list the brand, which is too bad, and Wikipedia's not always perfect, but based on the size they could have been cigarillos. Either way, great thread.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #22
timgrivas

Default Re: What Cigar(s) Is Clint Eastwood Smoking in Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1der View Post
Ok, according to WikiAnswers:

Is anyone familiar with these at all?
I looked at the packaging of the ones you speak of and it is very similar to parodi cigars.
these cigars could have been sourced out to anyone. I think the original manufacturer OEMed them out to various outlets but the original is parodi.

I am smoking one right now. they are very distinctive and not like any non hand rolled cigar.

any comments on this?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Cigar(s) Is Clint Eastwood Smoking in Western

There have been several references to Eastwood cutting the cigars to fit his pocket. Ehhh, maybe, but I do recall seeing a feature where he stated he kept them handy in numerous different lengths, for continuity's sake. He didn't want to be seen in one scene with a little nubbin in his teeth, then 20 seconds later with one 3X longer. Makes sense, and is notable that a relatively inexperienced actor (at that point) had such a good grasp of the minutiae of filmmaking.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 AM   #24
garciasanchez
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
garciasanchez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Cigar(s) Is Clint Eastwood Smoking in Western

Hi from Spain. I was surfing the net and found this thread.
Since the Leone´s films where Clint Estwood are comented here were filmed enterely in Spain, in the Almeria´s dessert and not in Italy, the cigars that Mr. Eastwood used in the scenes, were the tipical local ones calles "caliqueños". A kind of dry hand made cigars made in that area of Spain, with locally planted, fermented and cured Burley tobacco from final XIX century to our days.
You can find much more information about ir googleing the word "caliqueños" or visiting my facebook post about it: https://www.facebook.com/Garcia.Sanc...40710102630337

Best regards from sunny Spain
garciasanchez is offline   Reply With Quote