Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #21
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Martini thread?

Sapphire 5-1 ratio with dry vermouth & three olives. For years I did parched martinis with a few drops or light coating of vermouth or just thinking the word quietly. I discovered that they are so much smoother and tastier (to me) if you actually use vermouth as intended. I also like my vodka but typically will just get it really cold and throw in a twist of lemon and not bother with a martini per se.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #22
Negncic
Killed By Death

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Bolivar
Negncic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
Sapphire 5-1 ratio with dry vermouth & three olives. For years I did parched martinis with a few drops or light coating of vermouth or just thinking the word quietly. I discovered that they are so much smoother and tastier (to me) if you actually use vermouth as intended. I also like my vodka but typically will just get it really cold and throw in a twist of lemon and not bother with a martini per se.

But sometimes I substitute either Tanqueray No 10 or Plymouth. 3 olives is a must.
Negncic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #23
CoventryCat86
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
CoventryCat86 is on a distinguished road

I've never had a vodka martini and probably never will. I like Bombay Sapphire the best or any London dry gin. I've have Tanquery martinis but I'm not that fond of them. I was desperate one night and used some Fleischmans's gin and it was so horrible, I couldn't finish it.

Just a touch of vermouth, shaken, poured into a martini glass (that I keep in the freezer) and I like either onion or bleu cheese stuffed olives.

I like the idea of keeping the gin in the freezer but I've never done that. I should try that.
CoventryCat86 is offline   Reply With Quote