Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #1221
Slavac

Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Why not get BUIS from Magpul and put your scope on a Larue mount so it'll clear the BUIS?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #1222
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavac View Post
Why not get BUIS from Magpul and put your scope on a Larue mount so it'll clear the BUIS?
Another great website... Thanks Slavac I will have to look into that route. I've been leaning towards the tritium battle sites that Troy Industries carries for the irons but they are a bit pricey.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #1223
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Im thinking of buying one of these but in .223. Have you shot yours yet?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #1224
Roland of Gilead

Some pics from Sunday.

The lighting was horrible. These are far from my best work.

-Roland.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #1225
Roland of Gilead

\

-Roland

Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #1226
Roland of Gilead

-Roland.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #1227
Fishbeadtwo
Another nut j0b

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (9)
Bolivar
Fishbeadtwo will become famous soon enough

nice pics ! What shutter speed does it take to capture shots like those?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #1228
Slavac

Quote:
Another great website... Thanks Slavac I will have to look into that route. I've been leaning towards the tritium battle sites that Troy Industries carries for the irons but they are a bit pricey.
No worries. I'd be happy to help with any build questions you may have.

You can get both the front and rear BUIS from Magpul by shopping around a bit on ebay for $100ish. My dad's rifle has a set of them right now and he likes them.

He also has an Eotech mounted and wanted to get the optic raised a bit. I put the optic on a Larue mount ($100 as well, pricy but a great company) and this solved his problem. www.laruetactical.com

What sling are you going to put on it?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #1229
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo View Post
It has to be hard to catch a bullet leaving the muzzle and brass in mid air!

Nice work!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #1230
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

On my way to the firing range to get trained on the M4, cannot wait to fire this gun.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #1231
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
On my way to the firing range to get trained on the M4, cannot wait to fire this gun.
Nice!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #1232
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #1233
dogface_313

Quote:

You can get both the front and rear BUIS from Magpul by shopping around a bit on ebay for $100ish. My dad's rifle has a set of them right now and he likes them.

He also has an Eotech mounted and wanted to get the optic raised a bit. I put the optic on a Larue mount ($100 as well, pricy but a great company) and this solved his problem. www.laruetactical.com

I am a big fan of Magpul products, however not the MBUIS. I went with the Midwest Industries same plane low profile back up iron sight(a little expensive) and love it. I am a big fan of same plane back ups. Next purchase for my personal AR is an ACOG(if I can stop spending money on cigars and save up for it)

Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #1234
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Just got back from the range and can say that has been the most fun I have had yet at the academy. I really think I want to pick up an AR-15 now. We fired from 100 yards and I was amazed how accurate and easy to control it was. I had never fired a rifle before and was putting them in the 5 ring. We got to fire 20 rounds from the 25 yard line on full auto which was a blast.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #1235
Roland of Gilead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo View Post

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Exposure Time 0.0015s (1/640)
Aperture f/2.8
ISO 200
Focal Length 110mm (143mm in 35mm)

Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #1236
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Just got back from the range and can say that has been the most fun I have had yet at the academy. I really think I want to pick up an AR-15 now. We fired from 100 yards and I was amazed how accurate and easy to control it was. I had never fired a rifle before and was putting them in the 5 ring. We got to fire 20 rounds from the 25 yard line on full auto which was a blast.
Definitely get an AR. They are fun, but won't be as fun as the one you shot yesterday, b/c it won't be full auto.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #1237
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Not sure which sling just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface_313 View Post
I am a big fan of Magpul products, however not the MBUIS. I went with the Midwest Industries same plane low profile back up iron sight(a little expensive) and love it. I am a big fan of same plane back ups. Next purchase for my personal AR is an ACOG(if I can stop spending money on cigars and save up for it)
I think I may go with the irons that Troy Industries carries. I was looking at a SR-556 that comes with the Troy flip ups and I really like them a lot. I really liked the SR-556 as well so that may be my next purchase.

And BTW Roland, those pictures kick ass! You are quite the photographer!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #1238
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Definitely get an AR. They are fun, but won't be as fun as the one you shot yesterday, b/c it won't be full auto.
Full auto is only fun when you don't have to think about what it costs to feed it.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #1239
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Picked up a nice set of the Troy Industries flip-up battle sites yesterday. Got the best deal ever which made it hard to turn down. Also picked up a tactical sling today while at the cop shop. Looking forward to getting back home to put on my new goodies!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #1240
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Full auto is only fun when you don't have to think about what it costs to feed it.
True
Closed Thread