Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Darrell

Default Sears Customer Service

Does anyone else here regularly experience terrible customer service at Sears permanent store?

Each time Danielle and I go in there we get terrible service. This is the only major department store I know of that when you walk by a customer service associate they don't ask if you need help. They must have really low standards.

Yesterday I was looking at blu ray / surround sound sets. I walked up to the counter and this is the conversation that took place:

Me: Hi, I was wondering if you would help me?
Sears: With what?
Me: I found a surround sound system I want, but I can't find the box on the floor.
Sears: The surround sound systems are under the TV, you can see them there.
Me: Right, I found one, now I want to purchase it. How do I do that?
Sears: We don't have them here, I can show you where to find them! *points toward TV displays*

At this point my patience is pretty much shot....

Me: I found the system I want, now I want to purchase it, can you please help me find it?
Sears: We have them downstairs, if it's in stock. I don't know if it is.

At that point I just walked away. We get the same service every time and it's ****ing irritating.

Anyone else have these problems at stores? or Sears in particular?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sears Customer Service

I've been to a few different Sears stores before and never received service like that. Did you try another associate?

If the majority were like that ask for a manager. Sometimes though the manager is useless as well as the associates are a direct reflection of their leadership.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

If you found what you like at Sears, I'd recommend checking Amazon and comparing their price. You can usually get a better deal there, possibly avoid tax, and get free shipping on a lot of items.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
mariogolbee

If you speak of the Sears in Cupertino. I have had less than stellar service there in the past.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I worked at Sears when I was in college. With that said, I don't think customer service was horrible. You might have just got someone who was having a bad day.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Sears used to have the best customer service. I have not been in a Sears in years though.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I haven't set foot in a Sears store for over a decade for that exact reason. Shop elsewhere.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Does anyone else here regularly experience terrible customer service at Sears permanent store?

Each time Danielle and I go in there we get terrible service.
And you keep going back because........???

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
D's just a glutton for punishment kinda dude.

Been to a number of stores and all seemed friendly enough. Then again, this is the South.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Sears is a pale shadow of what it once was.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's brutal. I don't bother with them at all.
The only time I go in there is to look at stuff so I can see it in person and buy it elsewhere. I did buy a few tv's there in the past five years, but it was because I beat them down to cheaper than anywhere else and got them to put them in the car.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
...but it was because I beat them down to cheaper than anywhere else and got them to put them in the car.
That is their policy IIRC. Show them an ad with a cheaper price and they match it
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
That is their policy IIRC. Show them an ad with a cheaper price and they match it
If you haggle, they can save you a few more bucks, too.
It's gotta be a b&m ad. They'll also do a pricematch online to check the other b&m's for you while you're in the store. Then a little himhaw and BS and they'll magically go a bit lower.
What their policy is now, I can't tell ya. Lisa recently bought a fridge there, but it was only because if she bought gift cards at Giant Eagle and paid for the fridge with gift cards, she saved a bunch of money somehow. She's a scam-master.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Sear's service sucks because they are probly the lowest paid "big" store in a mall. My mom worked there and she got so aggrevated at the BS they made, well, tried to make her do that she walked into the store manager's office after about a week and a half and told him to F-off! My mom, don't cuss and is real easy going!
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have a Sears card and aside from the customer service I always find good deals and am happy with their products.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #16
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to give any company a dime of my money if they have sh*tty customer service. I will always ask to see a manager, and tell them what happened and that they have lost my business.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I have a Sears card and aside from the customer service I always find good deals and am happy with their products.
Roger.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

I thought my wife was the only one who ever went to Sears - and that's only cause she can be a persistent b***h who isn't afraid to make a public display.

Seriously - I only ever go there for sockets and ratchets simply for the warranty/exchange policy. Last several years though have bought the Kobalt tools at Lowes which have a similar exchange policy.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Darrell, maybe it was your winning personality???

What???

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #20
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Darrell, maybe it was your winning personality???

What???
oh man that is funny!!

Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote