Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Don Ursulo Toro 6x50

This is another of the Costa Rican smokes I have found,The Don Ursulo toro is a very pretty khaki brown,smooth and oily, it is medium weight and firm.
The pre light shows it to have light tobacco and oak aromas,tastes of spicy,slightly dry tobacco,and a nice medium draw.
At light up, this toro gives plenty of rich smoke,the taste is subtle,notes of fine leather,oak,aromas of ginger and cinnamon,and a very clean finish.The profile stays clean and subtle through the first half.
The second half picks up a bit ,the intensity builds,there are notes of light caramel,sweetness of tobacco,a slightly alkaline dryness,and an earthiness that stays in the background,overall a nice combination.Construction is first rate,and the burn is very even all the way to the nub.
I would call this cigar subtle and reserved,it does not jump at you,it approaches you and lets you notice it. I enjoy this type of character in a cigar.The overall impression is that the tobaccos are mature and gentle,with gentle aromas and nuances that some smokers may overlook.Don't expect this cigar to grab you ,it is very well mannered. I rate it 5.5 of 10 strength,17.5 of 20 overall...
Don Ursulo offers a wide variety of vitolas,his blend is proprietary,and of the six samples he sent me the construction is uniformly excellent.You can visit his web site and learn more......

Last edited by Garbandz; 05-08-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote