Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #221
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Raiders Fans - Check in

Ray Guy gets the nod from the senior committee, bout fricken time.

Quote:
We may be on the cusp of football history.

A punter may be on his way to election into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

On Wednesday, it was announced that former Oakland punter Ray Guy is one of two senior committee nominees, along with Claude Humphrey. Usually, the two senior committee nominees are elected. The next election will be in February.

It would a watershed moment if Guy -- widely considered the best punter ever to live -- gets elected. There has never been a punter-only player elected into the Hall of Fame.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Guy gets some opposition in the voting process. There is a faction of voters who don’t believe punters should be in the hall of fame. Still, that fact that Guy made it this far is a good sign.

I have never gotten the argument that punters don’t belong in the Hall of Fame. Here’s my point: Try playing the game without punters. Thus, the greatest punter of all time deserves recognition.

Guy, Oakland’s first-round draft pick in 1973, recently expressed his angst over not being enshrined. Guy was a vital part of the 1970s hey-day Raiders. He was a supreme weapon. Guy, 62, averaged 42.4 yards per punt over his 14-year career.

Guy is an inspiration to most punters, and his election would give hope to all future punters. It would clearly please new Oakland punter Chris Kluwe. He was fined by the NFL last year while with Minnesota when he campaigned for Guy to make the Canton, Ohio, museum with a message on his uniform.

Perhaps the message has finally been heard.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #222
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Ray Guy gets the nod from the senior committee, bout fricken time.

And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #223
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Looks like Pryor is going to be the starting QB and he keeps up what he's been doing in preseason that's fine with me, he's def winning the job. Flynn is the suck.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #224
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

I am seeing the same thing. Hope this season will be good.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #225
AdamJoshua

Announced today Pryor will start Thursday against Seattle, Flynn has tendonitis (same as he had last season when he lost his starting job with Seahawks)

Pryor at least would add some excitement, he let them to what 20 points in one quarter after Flynn **** the bed against the Bears.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #226
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Drafted McFadden in my FFB league. Here's hoping ...
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #227
AdamJoshua

Trust me we all have our fingers crossed too.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #228
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

I give Pryor the nod too. He looks alot better than last year and he looks ALOT better that Flynn. Hopefully they can get this new blocking scheme going for McFadden. The Run has looked pretty weak so far, well except for Pryor
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #229
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

I think I am going to take the under on McFadden playing 6 games this year ... I am still thinking it would have been better to trade him away this year to make cap room while he still has some perceived value.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #230
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

Question: Are you guys happy with what the new management is doing and the steps they are taking to build this team?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #231
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

That's exactly what they are doing...rebuilding this team. I believe they said that 60 of the 90 players were new this year. Talk about a rebuild. Yes, I think thats the right thing to do. Reggie wants to start form the ground up. We had alot of stagnate, money makers who were not performing but picking up a big check. Cut em loose and let them get a fresh start somewhere else. Get some young blood over here, guys that WANT to play. Hopefully McFadden can stay healthy and produce what we know he is capable of.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #232
jledou
Have My Own Room

Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

60/90 is a lot, and I know they dug themselves into a hole with CAP and draft picks but hopefully it truly is rebuilding and not this as I fear

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-doubt/
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #233
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

That's the media for ya. Mark Davis said, live on T.V. after his father died, that his first order if business was going to be to Hire a G.M. He addmitted that he wanted to get someone there that knows alot more than he does about running a football team. That is exactly what he did. I'm quite sure that Al was not much for "sharing" his thoughts on running the business (team) with his son. in fact Al made it pretty clear that he did not share much about the team with Mark at all.
Let Reggie do his job for a while. Lets see what he can do over the next few years. Cuz thats what it's gonna take...years possibly.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #234
AdamJoshua

Time for some foooootball!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #235
bstarrs
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Braeden
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
bstarrs is on a distinguished road

Even though the team lost, Top Priority did well in his first start
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #236
jledou
Have My Own Room

Punch

I was pleasantly surprised that we were still in the game in the 4th quarter. Looks like we have a long way to go though.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #237
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

With 26 new players on the roster and this being Pryors 2nd ever start, I was impressed. The O line and the Defensive secondary has a long way to go.
A missed 43 yard field goal (c'mon Jano) and 2 interceptions were are main downfalls.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #238
AdamJoshua

Old 09-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #239
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post

Love it!!!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #240
AdamJoshua

Matt Flynn makes JaMeatloaf Russell look like a healthy Cam Newton.

Shows you what 6,000,000 bucks gets you, a QB that sits in the pocket for 6 seconds and STILL gets sacked.
Closed Thread