Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #201
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Raiders Fans - Check in

Ended up being a really nice day for the game out at Arrowhead in KC. About 1/3 of the crowd went home happy yesterday
Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #202
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Another nice win for the Raiders. Even though it was against a sub-par team, a win is a win and we'll take it.
Nice to see the penalties in-check. 2 for 20 yards.
I'm glad the coach stuck w/ the running game for the entire game. McFadden really busted some good ones in the 2nd half. These guys really need to get a better blocking scheme going for McFadden. The zone blocking is not quite doing it right now (even though he got over a 100 yards it was late in the game when the Cheifs were already beat down and lets face it, they are'nt 1-6 because they can shut down the run, right
Bronco's are looking strong though. It would be great to see a Raider/Bronco fight for the AFC West.
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #203
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

I really didn't think they could be worse than last year .........
Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #204
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Are'nt these guys supposed to be professionals? Cant they even run a route correctly? What a joke.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #205
jledou
Have My Own Room

Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

yep that's all I got ... I would say maybe it will look better next year but even that sounds hollow given our performance since 2002.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #206
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

Do we even have a draft in the first round in 2013? Hope that wasnt traded away as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #207
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

Nice job Ref's oh ya and thanks for the "inadvertant whistle" Lame!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #208
jledou
Have My Own Room

Punch

So they pick up Flynn and deal Palmer to the Cardinals, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised for a change?

Last edited by jledou; 04-02-2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: thought Cardinals and typed Raiders again ... I am soooo confused :)
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #209
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

Thank God. They are really stripping this team down. Looks like some good changes so far.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #210
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to seeing Flynn play ball. I was hoping he'd win out in Seattle, but it was great to see Russell Wilson tear it up.
Shame Flynn will be playing for the Evil Empire, but what ya gonna do?
I've been high on Flynn for 3 years now, I hope he pans out for you guys.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #211
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

From Charlie Wilson's War:

In this village, a little boy is given a gift of a horse. The villagers all say, "Isn’t that fabulous? Isn’t that wonderful? What a wonderful gift."

The Zen master says, "We’ll see."

A couple years later the boy falls off the horse and breaks his leg. The villagers all say, "Isn’t that terrible? The horse is cursed! That’s horrible!"

A few years later the country goes to war and the government conscripts all the males into the army, but the boy’s leg is so screwed up, he doesn’t have to go. The villagers all say, "Isn’t that fabulous? Isn’t that wonderful?"

Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #212
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Flynn play ball. I was hoping he'd win out in Seattle, but it was great to see Russell Wilson tear it up.
Shame Flynn will be playing for the Evil Empire, but what ya gonna do?
I've been high on Flynn for 3 years now, I hope he pans out for you guys.

So would you say you've been, "Flynn' High", for the last few years?

Well glad that Reggie is finally starting over with this team, 1/2 blowing it up every year for 10 yrs and adding very expensive pieces that don't perform just wasn't cutting it.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #213
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

My fav picture, you gotta admit scumdiego has hot cheerleaders. Friends company had an event there for the Raiders game and I ended up talking to those chicks for like 15 minutes, they were signing calendars, the guy behind me was *****ing because they were talking so much time talking to me and the blonde says, "He bought 10 calendars so we are talking to him, are you buying a calendar?" (for the record I didn't buy any calendar) haha

Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #214
AdamJoshua

Hall of Fame talk running around, how is Plunk not in the hall, the only QB with 2 or more SuperBowl wins NOT in the hall, how about Ray Guy, the best punter get's the Ray Guy Trophy, yet Ray isn't in the hall ... asses.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #215
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
My fav picture, you gotta admit scumdiego has hot cheerleaders. Friends company had an event there for the Raiders game and I ended up talking to those chicks for like 15 minutes, they were signing calendars, the guy behind me was *****ing because they were talking so much time talking to me and the blonde says, "He bought 10 calendars so we are talking to him, are you buying a calendar?" (for the record I didn't buy any calendar) haha

In my best Bevis and Butthead voice - huhuh huhuh, booties.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #216
AdamJoshua

Raiders looking good up and down the likes, Pryor looking good, I wonder if they told him NOT to run on a couple of those plays because he had a lot of green in front of him but threw instead.

Running game, TEs, Butler all looking good.

"Reggie Smith played for San Fran a couple years ago, was out of football last year and is looking to make this team." In the old days talking about the Raiders "out of football last year" usually meant the player was doing time in jail for something. LOL

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 08-09-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #217
jledou
Have My Own Room

Punch

I don't know that I am going to start getting my hopes up over the game on Friday, but it's a new season and here's to hoping that McFadden can play over half the games this year ....
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #218
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

Glad to see they changed up the blocking to a Power Run sceme for McFadden.

Prior looked very good, although maybe that was just because he played the 2nd line guys from Dallas and Flyn had to go up against the 1st stringers? Pryor did look better though. The 3rd string guy looked good too, McGloin?

Once again though, the Special teams on Kick offs and Punts looked horrible. I think Dallas started on the 30 (minimum) after just about every kick.

Liked the look of the "D" too. Welcome back Woodson!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #219
AdamJoshua

The only thing about T.P. was on those two plays when he had nothing but 20 yards of green in front of him and he made bad passes both times, I was hoping they told him not to run ... but turns out he said he wanted to prove his passing has improved... DOH!

We aren't paying you to be manning we are paying you to be mike vick or rgIII ... RUN god damn it! LOL
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #220
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

PL

Run Forrest Run!!!
Closed Thread