Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default La Aurora 107 Maduro Corona

This was generously gifted by Barry from Miami Cigar at our last Tuesday evening Cuban Crafters herf.

To start, this is a dark maduro with a lush, oily wrapper. Pre-light, the impressions are of a sweet mix of spices and cocoa.

The beginning brings forth some charred wood and a small amount of sweet pepper. Definite hints of warm spices, like curry; toasted nuts on the front of the palate, along with sporadic impressions of cocoa and dark chocolate. The charry flavor predominates in the first third.

Toward the middle the charry flavors persist front and center; the cocoa persists and intensifies, along with an aftertaste of nutmeg and something I can't put my finger on; the impression is of a big, tannic Shiraz. Past the middle, the impression of tannins picks up and the smoke leaves a dry, pleasant aftertaste. The charry flavor begins to subside.

But the last third...that's where this baby starts to shine like a superstar.

The flavors meld into a perfect, sweet balance of cocoa powder, milk chocolate, with a hint of espresso in the aftertaste. It's a stunningly perfect balance, all of the flavors coming through clearly in each puff, with a dry, tart, berry-like finish. This is one cigar I did not want to finish, I just wanted to continue to enjoy this rare perfection. Those who know me know that I'm not big on nubbing a cigar, but I nubbed this one until my fingers begged for mercy.

My only wish is that the balance of that last third had presented throughout the whole cigar. As it was, it was one of those all-too-rare epiphanies that keep one smoking, like that one perfect drive out of a hundred that keeps you at the driving range hitting bucket after bucket.

Happy guy:
Old 02-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Bad Finger

Default Re: La Aurora 107 Maduro Corona

Great review! While I haven't had the opportunity to try one of the 107 Maddies, the regular 107's are one of my go-to sticks. Thanks for the read!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Big Maduro
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
Army (Served With Honor)
Big Maduro will become famous soon enough

Thanks for a great review.
Big Maduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
miamicigarco
Miami Cigar & Company

First Name: Barry
Trading: (0)
RA
miamicigarco is on a distinguished road

Not common knowledge..

The La Aurora 107 Maduro project is on hold until IPCPR, Orlando 2012. The corona you smoked was not the final blend, something that was laying around the offices since the last trade show.

The 107 Maduro that is released at the trade show will be different then the one you smoked...

Miami Cigar & Company/La Aurora has released sticks at the trade show that haven't been ready to ship until months later. We realize this is a problem and we will not be introducing smokes at IPCPR unless they are ready to ship
miamicigarco is offline   Reply With Quote