Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #21
Chiefs~Wifey

Default Re: Anyone have any Tattoos

I have 8 and 3 other ones that have been covered. They are very addicting!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I have a few

Tattoos are great bro, what are you thinking about getting?

older pic of my wife and I
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #23
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
I have a few

Tattoos are great bro, what are you thinking about getting?

older pic of my wife and I
I am thinking about getting a celtic cross on my back or ribcage.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #24
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Excellent! The ribs are a good place to start because they definitely give you a good idea of the pain level of tats. After getting that done you'll have no probs getting them in other places

Good job my friend.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #25
Sanitariumite
Bloodied but unbowed

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
Sanitariumite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone have any Tattoo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
I don't have any, but the before and after pictures of the removal process will make me think twice about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo View Post
I have quite a few. I have a personal rule about not going below the watch line or above the collar line so I can dress up and be "respectable" when I need to be, but other than that, it's pretty much fair game for me.

A few really mean something to me, and a few were just for fun, but all of them tell a personal story and where I was in my life when I got it done.

Enjoy it, you only get one first!
Then Lucky's advice is perfect. If you choose a location that is easily covered by clothing, you should be fine. Make sure the tattoo means something to you, research your artists to find a talented one, and you shouldn't ever need it removed. I was taking a risk by getting mine on my wrist, and I knew that. Part of me is actually happy that I get to experience something that most don't ever go through. I don't regret the tattoo, or that it has to be removed, and I do intend to get it re-done somewhere else. But the most valuable advice I've seen in this thread is that if you only want one, don't get it. I don't know anybody who has only one tattoo and doesn't want anymore. It is absolutely the most addictive thing I've ever experienced, and most people with tattoos will tell you the same thing.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

i have some...

here's some pic's of my latest stuff. working on the sleeve. all free-hand, no stencils, no pictures to go off of. this cat is sick!!

got ALOT more to go. my guy is backed up a year solid right now. i have to wait like everyone else (boooo!)
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #27
MithShrike

I found a guy at the local Tinderbox who does excellent portrait work. I wanna see some of his other stuff first but I think I'm going to have him do it for me.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #28
Chiefs~Wifey

Quote:
Excellent! The ribs are a good place to start because they definitely give you a good idea of the pain level of tats. After getting that done you'll have no probs getting them in other places

Good job my friend.
Argh.....I have a pretty large koi from just below my hip up to the bottom rib. It hurt so bad!!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #29
Sanitariumite
Bloodied but unbowed

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
Sanitariumite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Hemingway View Post
i have some...

here's some pic's of my latest stuff. working on the sleeve. all free-hand, no stencils, no pictures to go off of. this cat is sick!!

got ALOT more to go. my guy is backed up a year solid right now. i have to wait like everyone else (boooo!)
Who's the artist? I'm taking my little sister to get her first tattoo for her 18th birthday next October, and I'll be getting my next. We're going to Slave to the Needle in Seattle. Aaron Bell is definitely one of the most talented artists I've ever seen. (http://slavetotheneedle.com/tattoos/aaron-bio.asp)
Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #30
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

http://www.kevinleblanc.com/
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #31
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
one, on my top left arm.
of a Tulip
Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #32
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

OK, so it's just me then?

I'll be the voice of reason. I got a tat when I was 17, 1972. I was stoned...not just then, but all the time. My buddy and I went to the shop. He got a zig-zag man, I got a mj flower top. I have regretted it for about 30 years.

First, lifestyle changes. The values you have now, when expressed permanently and visually, may be vastly different than 5, 10 or 20 years down the road.

Second, after about 10 years they look like sh*t. after 20 years they look like mostly grey and black blobs. Yeah, I know you can get 'em touched up...blah, blah, blah.

Third, when you start advancing in your career, and the vast majority of people do, they are not and advertisement for "stability" or "good decision maker". Furthermore, they do not give you the look that screams "hire me" unless you're trying to get a job as a bouncer or a roadie. They look, well...stooooopid.

Go ahead, let the flogging begin, it's just my personal opinion and advice.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #33
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Yeah its just you then

1st lifestyle changes, get something that means something to you when you get it. I look at tattoos as sign-posts for where I've been in my life and what's been important to me, that way no matter what I get I have no regrets as it meant something to me at that point in my life.

2nd, my wife has tattoos more than 20 years old and they look just fine. Go to a good reputable artist who uses quality ink and don't go drunk or stoned.

3rd, I wear a shirt and tie to work and have full sleeves. Whenever I'm not at work I go with short sleeves all the time but in the business professional world there's aboslutely no reason that you can't have tattoos.

So I definitely respect your reasoning for you regretting your tats but I will respectfully disagree with all of your points. I don't believe tattoos look stupid at all. I think that if you get quality tattoos it will look just that... high quality.

Get tattoos that are high quality by a professional artist, don't go stoned or drunk, make a logical informed decision and have it be something with meaning and you'll never regret your tattoos.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #34
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:

So I definitely respect your reasoning for you regretting your tats but I will respectfully disagree with all of your points. I don't believe tattoos look stupid at all. I think that if you get quality tattoos it will look just that... high quality.

Get tattoos that are high quality by a professional artist, don't go stoned or drunk, make a logical informed decision and have it be something with meaning and you'll never regret your tattoos.
I agree 100% I have one that is 21 years old and looks almost as good as the day I got it. Both done stone cold sober, can be covered as I work in the "business" world, and have personal meaning to me. Would have more, but teh need for them to be "personal" keeps me from the frivolous ones. Right now I am looking for a local artist that can do portrait of my parents...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite View Post

Lights on

Lights off, UV on.
I've never heard of this...can you explain more about the ink?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #36
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
I've never heard of this...can you explain more about the ink?
try google
Old 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

I love portrait work!

I definitely agree, and its good to keep in mind that the quality of tattoo ink has changed drastically since 30 years ago. While Back in the day the quality of the ink was sketchy and looks bad after a bit, current tattoo ink is exceptional quality and looks very fresh and vibrant even after many years. I have to say that in my experience KuroSumi and Starbrite inks are the best and brightest with SkinCandy running a close third.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #38
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

You know a lot more than I do.... I am glad the "desire " to drill an inch down wit the needle has gone away. Deeper does not equate to better or lasting longer. For a simple art, it has changed a lot.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #39
Joan

I love my little blue BMW motorcycle:

649cc's of 40bhp Powah!

No more strapless/sleeveless cocktail party dresses, depending on the party, but no big deal. I like it, a LOT, and it's the only one in the whirled!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #40
Chiefs~Wifey

Quote:
Yeah its just you then

1st lifestyle changes, get something that means something to you when you get it. I look at tattoos as sign-posts for where I've been in my life and what's been important to me, that way no matter what I get I have no regrets as it meant something to me at that point in my life.

2nd, my wife has tattoos more than 20 years old and they look just fine. Go to a good reputable artist who uses quality ink and don't go drunk or stoned.

3rd, I wear a shirt and tie to work and have full sleeves. Whenever I'm not at work I go with short sleeves all the time but in the business professional world there's aboslutely no reason that you can't have tattoos.

I totally agree. Now Im not that old so I dont have any that are 20+ years old. All of my tats mean something to me. Also if you were to pass me on the street you would have no idea i have any tattoos. If you work, you have to think about the placement. (If you cant easily cover them with longsleeves) I dont think tattoos are stupid at all. Its personal..... it tells your story!