Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Let's see those '09 gardens

C'mon Richard (tzaddi), I know you have one to share!

Here's mine so far this year. 12 hills of Poinsett 76 cukes (w/trellis), 120 yellow and white onions, 6 peppers (2 jalapeno, 2 mild jalapeno, 1 california and 1 chocolate bell), 5 hills of crook neck squash, 4 hills of straight neck squash, 2 pink brandywine tomatoes, 1 sweet 100 tomato, and 1 celebrity tomato. I'll rotate in some new squash plants in about 1.5 months, then another round at the end of August. Also have an herb garden with leeks, garlic chives, cilantro, red and green basil, dill, rosemary, thyme, and mints (chocolate, curly leaf, grapefruit, spearmint, Kentucky Colonel, and mountain peppermint). Thanks to Stewart (tech-ninja), my mojito appetite is demanding, so it pays to grow your own mint. The herb garden is in a 2' x 6' raised bed and the main garden is in a 15' x 15' raised bed (with rabbit-proofing). The plants are all mulched with grass clippings and compost, which works great BTW. I also toss in mulched leaf waste in the walking rows. All of this should help with the upcoming Coastal SC heat wave over the next few months.

It's a labor of love and my kids sure love those fresh veggies.