Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: USPS pisses me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
Props for Xikar. That's excellent customer service.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #22
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Pretty hard for us to open a cardboard box by accident, but I have seen envelopes and padded mailers that get caught in the machinery and torn up pretty good. Something hard and lumpy should be sent in a box so it can't get caught on anything. Sorry you are pissed off at us.
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #23
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

I have a Palio but this makes me want to buy a Xikar just to support a brand that has that great of customer service!
blugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #24
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigargal View Post
Pretty hard for us to open a cardboard box by accident, but I have seen envelopes and padded mailers that get caught in the machinery and torn up pretty good. Something hard and lumpy should be sent in a box so it can't get caught on anything. Sorry you are pissed off at us.
The USPS does a great job overall. It's a humungous operation.

I lived in Italy for 4 years in the 80s and I received approximately 50% of the parcels sent to me from the US.

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #25
Waynegro1

A sad story with a happy ending, just the way I like it.
+1 for Xikar, they have some of the best customer service around. Don't beat up USPS too badly, sometimes I'm amazed how well that machine runs. Although, I've been where your at and I know it's frustrating when it doesn't go the way it's intended.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #26
Cigary

Kudos to Xikar for being pro customer service oriented. Note to self and others,,,,if you send something out ensure that you put some money out for insurance just in case.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #27
Flatsix
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Partagas
Flatsix is on a distinguished road

I hope the thief gets his micro sized unit trapped in the guillotine er...cutter.

Great customer service story! Good news that you are not out of a well manufactured cutter.
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #28
Opusfxd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Opusfxd is on a distinguished road

Props to Xicar!!! They're now on the need to list because of this. Funny thing is I've always had the best luck with USPS. I even had a guy wrap a bicycle frame in cardboard and have it arrive in perfect shape. UPS could mess up a car wreck.
Opusfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #29
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

Xikar for life!!!

Glad to hear that Xikar is gonna take care of you,that's why I will continue to buy their products.
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #30
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

I have a Xikar
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #31
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I own two Palios and a Xikar...because of their great customer service I will cut my stick tomorrow with my Xikar!! I have had great success with Palios customer service and seems Xikar is right there with them!! Good for us!!!

Last edited by kelmac07; 07-16-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Fat fingers!!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #32
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

I hope it was the machinary and not an employee. I guess my thread title pulls the trigger at USPS when it may not entirely be their fault. I sent it in one of those plastic type bubble mailers as Xikar recommended. I can't imagine that it fell out as the leather case was in the package and so was my punch. If it fell out wouldn't it all fall out? I know for next time to ship in a box. First time I've had trouble with the mail and my overall experiance is great with USPS, just mad at the time and had to vent!
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #33
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
I hope it was the machinary and not an employee. I guess my thread title pulls the trigger at USPS when it may not entirely be their fault. I sent it in one of those plastic type bubble mailers as Xikar recommended. I can't imagine that it fell out as the leather case was in the package and so was my punch. If it fell out wouldn't it all fall out? I know for next time to ship in a box. First time I've had trouble with the mail and my overall experiance is great with USPS, just mad at the time and had to vent!
Venting is very important to staying sane...nice job by Xikar
Old 07-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #34
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
I have a Palio but this makes me want to buy a Xikar just to support a brand that has that great of customer service!
Check that...I HAD a Palio. It has disappeared. I believe it might have gone out with the trash

I kept it on my table but sadly I believe that it might have gotten knocked off into the trash and dumped today. So my next cutter will be a Xikar even though I loved my Palio!
blugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #35
M1903A1
Have My Own Room

Trading: (4)
RA
M1903A1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Just be glad a cutter's all you lost to the &%^$# PESTal Service!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #36
M1903A1
Have My Own Room

Trading: (4)
RA
M1903A1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1903A1 View Post
Just be glad a cutter's all you lost to the &%^$# PESTal Service!
What had me bent out of shape has been unexpectedly--and favorably--resolved. I hereby take back all bad words and vibes I have had for the USPS this past week!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #37
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1903A1 View Post
What had me bent out of shape has been unexpectedly--and favorably--resolved. I hereby take back all bad words and vibes I have had for the USPS this past week!
I love happy endings!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #38
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Xikar came through with a new 009 Punch and a brand new xi 3 in redwood. Kudos to a great company!
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:55 AM   #39
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Xikar came through with a new 009 Punch and a brand new xi 3 in redwood. Kudos to a great company!
Glad things worked out for you, Andrew.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #40
Smoking Dragon
formerly sergeant smoky

First Name: John
Trading: (67)
Cohiba Army (Disabled Vet)
Smoking Dragon has a spectacular aura aboutSmoking Dragon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I love happy endings!

Me too

Sarge
Smoking Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote