Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default A. Turrent triple play toro

A.Turrent is a Mexican cigar manufacturer famous for the Te-Amo and A.Turrent cigars. About a year ago they released the A. Turrent Triple Play, a cigar made with all maduro tobacco from Nicaragua, Honduras and Mexico. There are two vitolas, a 4½x54 robusto and a 6x54 toro. I smoked the toro that I got in a sampler during the Intertabac trade show in Germany. The robusto will be released in The Netherlands soon with a € 4.00 price tag.

The cigar looks great with an almost black and oily wrapper and a nice silver colored band. I see a few veins and I smell a barnyard. The construction feels a bit firm. The predraw is great and I taste some wood.

I taste pepper, an earthy flavor and some coffee. After half an inch I taste wood, earth and pepper, in the aftertaste I get some cacao with peppery earthy flavors. The wood disappears and my mouth feels dry. After an inch I taste black pepper with some musty wood. After a third I taste a muddy earthy flavor with a hint of cacao, the pepper has almost completely disappeared.

Halway I taste wood and a bit more cacao. The pepper slowly returns and I get some lemon zest in the aftertaste. After two thirds I get coffee with some citrus in the aftertaste. Soon a bit of cacao follows.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty-five minutes. The smoke was good, the coarse silver gray ash isn't firm at all. The burn is good though. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? The robusto will be released in The Netherlands soon and I will buy those.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 03-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A. Turrent triple play toro

Thanks for the review Ferdie! I love these smokes.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I really dig these too.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Boobar
Rubber Room Wall Bouncer

First Name: Bob
Trading: (37)
Boobar is on a distinguished road

Solid stick, thanks for the review.