Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Casa Magna Domus Magnus optimus

I am a fan of the Casa Magna Colorado cigars and I was looking forward to the limited edition Casa Magna Domus Magnus. I bought a optimus for € 6.00 here in The Netherlands. The optimus is the smaller of the two box pressed cigars in the Domus Magnus line, with a 5¾x54 size. The cigar has a nice pigtail and a colorful band, prettier than the normal Casa Magna bands and the foot band is tasteful too.

The cigar looks great, the wrapper has a milk chocolate color with a few minor veins and a nice box pressed shape. I smell wood. The construction feels great. The predraw is great and I taste tobacco with a little bit of pepper.

I taste a nice coffee flavor, strong like espresso with a little bit of cacao far on the background and a fresh aftertaste. After half an inch I taste wood with some herbs and a mild sweetness. There is also a hint of nut flavors on the palate. The herbs slowly grow in strength and they become a bit sharp. After an inch I taste sharp herbs with wood and some cacao, the flavors are dry

Halfway I taste spicy and mild acidic wood with some herbs and on the background a little bit of cacao. The acidity is a bit metallic. After almost two thirds some nuts join the flavors and I taste a little bit of white pepper on the background. Near the end I taste coffee and pepper.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty minutes. The draw was great and I got a lot of thick smoke. The silver gray ash is firm. The cigar had a great burn. It is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I enjoyed this cigar.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casa Magna Domus Magnus optimus

Sweet...Jake traded me one of these and she's resting.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Nice review Ferdie!!
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I have a Colorado resting, haven't had this, but it sure looks good....thanks for thereview
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about

I was disappointed by this cigar, it just didn't have the flavor complexity I was expecting. Maybe I should pick up a few more and give it a second chance.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote