Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Junior

Default Pet peeves lets hear em.

Well I will start this off with just a few of mine. Most involve driving, but some are just plain manners.

Driving

Folks the turning lane is there for a reason.

In the left lane on the interstate you should at least be going the speed limit.

Tailgating it is not a good idea. I guess this one comes from my truck driving days, but don’t like to look back and only be able to see the windshield back.

The one way lanes in parking lots. They are there for a reason.
I was at Wal-Mart the other day, and some moron pulled out of his spot, and instead of backing up 10 feet to let me in the spot he tried to get around me. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think that a full size SUV and a full size truck are going to fit side by side in those lanes. The same morons came back a few minutes after my wife went into the store. I don’t know what they were going to do, but they left quick fast and in a hurry when I hopped out forgetting that I didn't have a jacket on, and my pistol was still on my side.

Turning signals that stick beside your steering wheel is not a armrest.

Manners
I had a discussion about this with a friend the other day. He came to the conclusion that we were weird ones, and the other people were now considered normal.

Please and thank you. Learn what they mean.

Holding the door for someone I still do this every day, but it is odd how people react. I have even gotten the stink eye over it.

Watch your children. If I did what half of what I see now when I was a kid I still wouldn’t be able to sit down.

These are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. By all means list some of your own.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet peeves lets hear em.

Bad drivers is my absolute biggest pet peeve also.

It amazes me how bad at driving some people are.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Ray you listed so many of my pet peeves. I try to be very friendly and considerate when driving and otherwise. I guess my biggest pet peeve is when people cannot say "thank you" when you do something for them, even something little like holding a door. I hold the door open wherever I am if there is someone following me, sometimes when they are a ways back. I simple thank you would be great...some people just avoid eye contact and walk on through.

That leads me to eye contact. I try to look at people when I am talking to them. Too me this shows that one is actually listening and involved in the conversation. I see people just looking around more and more when they are talking to someone else.

These are small things in the grand scheme, but it is the small things that could really make things a lot better.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Oh I thought of a driving one that really gets my goat...when someone pulls out in front of you like they are in a hurry, the drive 10 mph under the speed limit...wtf?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post

These are small things in the grand scheme, but it is the small things that could really make things a lot better.
Your sir are correct, but it seems to be getting worse every year. My mother is a school teacher, and every year it seems that the students are worse than the last years.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Ray you hit some many of these on the head. How about failing to use your turn signal (picture red and blue lights in your review now )

Oh and people that chew with their mouth open and make the most annoying noises while eating (like a cow eating..crunching, slurping and generally just being disgusting).

That is is my problem that you broke the law and now are getting a ticket or going to jail.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Your sir are correct, but it seems to be getting worse every year. My mother is a school teacher, and every year it seems that the students are worse than the last years.
I always try to avoid the "things are getting worse" attitude, but I am really finding it harder and harder. Just walking down the street is seems no one makes eye contact, waves, greets...nothing. If anything they bump into and don't offer an apology.

But, there are still many great folks out there...this board is evidence!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Ray you hit some many of these on the head. How about failing to use your turn signal (picture red and blue lights in your review now )

Oh and people that chew with their mouth open and make the most annoying noises while eating (like a cow eating..crunching, slurping and generally just being disgusting).

That is is my problem that you broke the law and now are getting a ticket or going to jail.
I hate the popo
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

pretty much everything....i'm a crotchety old fart....and I'm only 26
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
Junior

DPD6030

Sorry to say, but I think I have you beat. I had a customer the other day that would do the silent burp then blow it out towards me. She did this no less than five times in the few minutes she was in here.

Watch it WildBlueSooner my wife is one of the popo.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
pretty much everything....i'm a crotchety old fart....and I'm only 26
I kind of feel the same way at 22. We are gonna be great old people!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I hate the popo
Air Force, c'mon you should have been a Marine! Of course I know nothing of the armed forces so my apologies. Thanks for your service James
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Quote:
DPD6030

Sorry to say, but I think I have you beat. I had a customer the other day that would do the silent burp then blow it out towards me. She did this no less than five times in the few minutes she was in here.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Oh I got a good one...how about a certain member on this site that has posted in this thread that always and I mean always uses this --->

ROFLMAO

Last edited by DPD6030; 04-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
AllOGistics

I think all of the pet peeves listed are pet peeves of mine as well. There is one other that really gets under my skin. I really hate when people ride a lane that is clearly about to close just to get ahead of everyone and then insist that they have right to get in front of everyone else. There may be times when people get stuck in a closed lane and need to get over. That's alright. But to use a closed lane as a way to try and skip the traffic is just crap. Not to mention, it actually creates more traffic because people are having to accommodate those who shouldn't be in that lane anyway. I know we've all gotten stuck in a closing lane from time to time, and to those that have been reasonable concerning getting back into an open lane, I thank you.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOGistics View Post
I think all of the pet peeves listed are pet peeves of mine as well. There is one other that really gets under my skin. I really hate when people ride a lane that is clearly about to close just to get ahead of everyone and then insist that they have right to get in front of everyone else. There may be times when people get stuck in a closed lane and need to get over. That's alright. But to use a closed lane as a way to try and skip the traffic is just crap. Not to mention, it actually creates more traffic because people are having to accommodate those who shouldn't be in that lane anyway. I know we've all gotten stuck in a closing lane from time to time, and to those that have been reasonable concerning getting back into an open lane, I thank you.
Good one. The road that leads to the gate to get on base was down to one lane because of the tornado damage the other day...some dicks were trying to pull this...wanted to strangle them!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #17
AllOGistics

Quote:
I kind of feel the same way at 22. We are gonna be great old people!
I'm actually looking forward to the day when I can waive a cane at someone and appropriately use the term "whipper snapper". Maybe I just like being crotchety- I guess that's why I started early.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
Junior

Here is another one that really chaps my a$$. It is people that will not stay at a constant speed on the highway. I had a 30 mile stretch of highway that I was on Saturday, and passed the same car 4 times. They of course stayed in the left lane the entire time. People if you can’t manage your speed use the cruse control.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Quote:
Here is another one that really chaps my a$$. It is people that will not stay at a constant speed on the highway. I had a 30 mile stretch of highway that I was on Saturday, and passed the same car 4 times. They of course stayed in the left lane the entire time. People if you can’t manage your speed use the cruse control.

Tag, you're it!

Oh this morning on the way into work, double lane highway. Old man driving in right lane. Apparently sleeping as I approach he drifts to the right. Just as I'm about to pass he drifts to the left into my lane at least a foot maybe two. I honk. He has the never to give me the bird!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
ahc4353

People who start pet peeve threads.