Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #21
badbriar

Default Re: In support of COPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
Hey you think your a bad as $ put your life on the line. Most Americans will back down from that challenge. They like to complain and whine but they are cowards.
Corey - I respectfully disagree. Look at what the American people did in two world wars and three middle-east actions. I do absolutely agree with your statement if you substitute the word "MEDIA" for 'Most Americans'.
Looks like the Media has replaced Lawyers and attorneys as the most reviled working group in the US.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #22
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

I know severely police officers and was trying to become one so I support any and all law enforcement that put their lives at risk for me and us everyday.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #23
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Some years ago, I was working security at a housing development in Boston's Mission Hill. We had a BPD detail officer with us at night. One of them, an old timer, told me how when he was a rookie they would paint their night sticks flat black so that they wouldn't register so well on film at night. That way they could beat hippies over the head with it and it was less likely to show up in the papers. Good cops are worth their weight in gold, bad ones are a toxin to society. BTW, we had to do patrols, unarmed, in places that the cops wouldn't go.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
BTW, we had to do patrols, unarmed, in places that the cops wouldn't go.
Not familiar with any places "cops wouldn't go" in Chicago, Darren, would love to hear more about BPD.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #25
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Not familiar with any places "cops wouldn't go" in Chicago, Darren, would love to hear more about BPD.
The back alleys of Mission Park, they would not go with us. This was around 1990, about the same time as the Matthew Stewart case.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
The back alleys of Mission Park, they would not go with us. This was around 1990, about the same time as the Matthew Stewart case.
Not familiar with that case (from Detroit then Chicago), but that must have been some crazy circumstance for the cops to be that afraid.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #27
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Not familiar with that case (from Detroit then Chicago), but that must have been some crazy circumstance for the cops to be that afraid.
Boston was a hot wet mess in those days. Matthew Stewart murdered his pregnant wife in the neighborhood where I was working and blamed it on "a black guy". The police went nuts, jacking-up every black guy they saw; frisking random people on the street. The gangs went hunting for payback. A co-worker of mine was mobbed by the Humboldt Street Gang and stabbed 28 times while walking home from his girlfriend's house in uniform. The papers said that they thought he was a cop. I helped carry his coffin. The next week another co-worker was assaulted in a convenience store while in uniform.

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-12-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #28
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Wow, that sounds awful.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #29
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Wow, that sounds awful.
He was a great guy. He had been in the 101st Airborne and was going to marry his girlfriend and go back in the Army. We were supposed to go out for a beer that weekend. His name was Mike Pena.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #30
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I know it's a long time ago, but sorry for your loss, Darren.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
joshnauburn
JOSHNAUBURN

First Name: Josh
Trading: (2)
joshnauburn will become famous soon enough

This was published in 2008, before all of this other crap. 45 secs in is where I'd like to put half the press and all the whiners... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GNp-ZB9Qmo
joshnauburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #32
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
I know it's a long time ago, but sorry for your loss, Darren.
Even after all this time I still think about him. When he was in the Army he saved his squad. They were in a Huey en-route to a rappel point and one of his cohort was wearing his grenades attached to his web gear by the pin rings. One of them pulled off and went rolling around the deck of the chopper without the pin. He grabbed it and threw it out the door before it exploded.

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-12-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Grammar, spelling
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #33
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Don't worry Dave, we have all collectively just hired her and new pay will come via staying at home.
paid for by us taxpayers
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote