Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default NHL '10 - '11 Thread

You asked for it...you got it!!

First post honors the defending Champs.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Modano joining Red Wings who would have thunk it???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...edwings-modano
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
dubnick

Where will Niemi end up? I'm guessing Washington.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Ahhhh... the off-season. Where hope springs eternal and I can delude myself into thinking my Hurricanes can make the playoffs.

At least Cam Ward is healthy. Losing Whitney will be tough and with Brind'Amour retired we will need to see the young guys step up.

Keep an eye on Brandon Sutter!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough

Training camps are only a month and a bit away

Need to add to that this year
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
dubnick

I have to give the 'Canes credit for one thing.... The coolest 3rd jersey in the league IMHO

Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnick View Post
I have to give the 'Canes credit for one thing.... The coolest 3rd jersey in the league IMHO
Ha ha... thanks, bro. It is a great looking jersey.

I am a big fan of Philly's Coach.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Me too! I love his intensity.

You probably like this photo a little more, Joe.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Keep an eye on Brandon Sutter!
I think he is definitely a "keeper", Joe.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

The San Jose Sharks have signed free-agent forward Jamal Mayers to a one-year contract.

The Boston Bruins signed 18-year-old Tyler Seguin, the second overall pick in the 2010 NHL entry draft, to an entry-level contract, the Bruins announced Tuesday.

Ilya Kovalchuk's future is being decided in Boston. Arbitrator Richard Bloch is holding a hearing that will conclude on Thursday to decide whether the New Jersey Devils' 17-year, $102 million contract to the free-agent forward can be rejected by the league, NHL.com reported on Wednesday.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Apparently Madano didn't want to play for San Jose. Turns out they made an offer too.

Go Wings!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
GHC_Hambone

Go Hawks!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Can't wait! Gonna have to get back to Pittsburgh this year and see the new place!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #14
althekillr
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
althekillr is on a distinguished road

I still think Niemi goes to san Jose, I can't believe they really think they are gonna make a run with Nittymaki (sp??). Tampa Bay is a possibilty

And i don't think there is any way they will hold up Kovy's contract. If they structured it a bit more reasonable maybe, but they went over the edge.

should be a great season, a strong Eastern Conference, but same story as last year. I'm really suprised Washington didn't pick up another good D this year. Thats really what their team needs to be a cup winner
Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #15
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Unless there is some specific language capping the length of a contract I dont' see how the league can win an appeal. IMO Im' suprised a team hasn't signed a 30 yr deal with 90% of the money paid out in the first 5 years (with 1/6th of the cap hit), and then simply resigned them to a different contract after 5 years.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
dubnick

Quote:
Ha ha... thanks, bro. It is a great looking jersey.

I was considering getting one to add to my Jersey collection... But my choice went ahead and retired!! l

We like him as well... would have been nice to see him get another ring.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Apparently Madano didn't want to play for San Jose. Turns out they made an offer too.

Go Wings!
It was well known that he wanted to play in either Det or Minn because of ties to both. He will have more impact on Dets roster then SJs so that was likely a factor also.

Sorry I couldnt respond on the other thread yesterday was busy. Will do my best to address a few of your questions.

1) Sharks losing Malholtra Blake and Nabby. You apparently missed how bad old man Blake got exposed all year and how many penalties he took. How many goals resulted from this. I spent the year posting about it. No one here was sad to see him leave. Nabby was horrible after the Olympics and in past years playoffs. Again no one wanted him back. Why the coaching staff said they didnt want him back and there would be no negotiations. Who is praising these people? Not us over here.

2) You asked why I would want Niemi as the Sophmore slump. First he only played 37 regular season games which may help, second he showed great nerve more then Howard, third and most important is 10-11 the last year the NHL exists? I think he will be good for many years. He is young and good and there are many years of Hockey to be played. I would like him as there will be hockey beyond next year. They may loose their chance to get him now and lock him up for years to come. Kind of need to look past your nose for that one.

3) "Lastly, without Malhotra, who's going to take a faceoff for the Sharks?" You asked. Why dont you read this. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search Its the last segment. Apparently you missed the fact about the Sharks 5 centers dominating the League. You ever here of that guy Scott Nichol? Suprised someone so into STATS would ask such a question.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

One more thing and this will kill this and I dont expect you or Christos to ever Yammer about this again.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

From the Wings head Coach Mike BabCOCK
"We're trying to get back to being the Red Wings, not like last year when we were taped together all year, had no depth and we rode people too hard so when we got to the playoffs we were exhausted," Babcock said.

Hey Christos why dont you go tell Babcock hes wrong. You and Mike clearly must know more then the head coach.

That would be GAME, SET, MATCH. I will expect a very enlightened post from you to in response to Babcock and what I said all year.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
dubnick

As a side not... Anyone else get the Center Ice package?? I get it every year for my birthday. Just wish there was more than one game on each night in HD.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnick View Post
As a side not... Anyone else get the Center Ice package?? I get it every year for my birthday. Just wish there was more than one game on each night in HD.
I do, for the last several seasons Lane...and I get several games in HD every night. I am not sure why you do not?

Closed Thread