Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #6601
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0leful0ne View Post
BOGO!

Unfortunately, the scorpion is plagued with FTFs even after cleanings it gets to about 50 rounds then starts failing. But when it fires, it is an awe inspiring firearm I must say.
Have you tried any other mags?

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Old 03-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #6602
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
BOGO!

But when it fires,.
Does not inspire confidence, would never carry a 1911 to defend my life...just my .02
Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #6603
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

Trading: (22)
RA
s0leful0ne has a spectacular aura abouts0leful0ne has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
Have you tried any other mags?
Yup picked up some chip mccormicks and still having the issue.

What's that smell?...Swamp Ash
Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #6604
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Does not inspire confidence, would never carry a 1911 to defend my life...just my .02
I have. And do.

I would contact Sig and see what they say. Just make sure you've done at least 500 rounds for the break-in period.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #6605
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
I have. And do.

I would contact Sig and see what they say. Just make sure you've done at least 500 rounds for the break-in period.
I would own one for fun, range and what not but that's all for me.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #6606
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

I've got the same Sig and have never had an issue. Ive sent a couple guns back to them with no questions asked, so a call to them might be worth it

Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #6607
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

RA

Thanks everyone. Called them this morning will pack and ship tonight

Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #6608
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Called them this morning will pack and ship tonight
Glad they're going to take care of it for you. I hope they at least polish the feed ramp and check your mag(s) in other guns to rule them out. Bad mags or mag springs are the most common cause of FTF. Were you using ball ammo (FMJ) or something else?

Quote:
I have to disagree Mike. I carry one. The 1911 was the standard US issue sidearm for all branches of the military for over 70 years. The testing done on it before it was adopted was substantial. I love the narrow frame due to the single-stack design. It makes carry a lot more comfy than many modern double-stack mag designs IMO. Plus modern reworking of the original 7 round mag gets you an 8 round mag, +1 in the chamber nets 9 rounds of .45 ACP. Plus, they feel so natural in my hand. I'm a huge 1911 fan.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #6609
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

I have to disagree Mike. I carry one. The 1911 was the standard US issue sidearm for all branches of the military for over 70 years. The testing done on it before it was adopted was substantial. I love the narrow frame due to the single-stack design. It makes carry a lot more comfy than many modern double-stack mag designs IMO. Plus modern reworking of the original 7 round mag gets you an 8 round mag, +1 in the chamber nets 9 rounds of .45 ACP. Plus, they feel so natural in my hand. I'm a huge 1911 fan.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #6610
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

RA

Quote:
Glad they're going to take care of it for you. I hope they at least polish the feed ramp and check your mag(s) in other guns to rule them out. Bad mags or mag springs are the most common cause of FTF. Were you using ball ammo (FMJ) or something else?

I've used 5 different types of FMJ ammo, today got a jam after 30 rounds on a freshly cleaned pistol. My mags work fine on other 1911s (tested on a Sig Spartan 1911)

I do love the way the 1911 shoots, too big for me to conceal (chubby kid + slim jeans) but i have the HK for that anyway

Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #6611
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Just a heads up if anyone needs reloading equipment, Natchez is having a pretty good sale.http://www.natchezss.com/

looks like the big savings are in the tools/presses ect so if anyone needs a new set up I would check it out
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #6612
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:

I do like them and think they are very sexy, I have just seen way to many not go BANG when they should! And these are from very expensive guns that guys carry on duty…makes me not want to go on calls with them in case of a shootout and they are trying to get their gun in the game….again, my observations and .02 is all.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #6613
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Finally got all the gear I ordered for my HK in today I now have 3 options for magazines, the standard 10 round with finger extension, a 10 round with a flat baseplate, and a 13 round USP-C mag with the Xgrip adapter. The light is a TLR-3, and the custom Kydex rig is from Zero Concealment. They advertise a 30 day wait, mine was about half that. Not too many holster places with decent wait times have the mold for the P2000SK, especially ones with the option of a bunch of prints and colors. I wanted something a little different since this will be my main CCW weapon.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #6614
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Looks good Murph
Old 03-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #6615
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

RA

oh man...now i want to do some shopping...

Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #6616
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I do like them and think they are very sexy, I have just seen way to many not go BANG when they should! And these are from very expensive guns that guys carry on duty…makes me not want to go on calls with them in case of a shootout and they are trying to get their gun in the game….again, my observations and .02 is all.
I gotcha. I don't dislike other guns I just have a love for 1911s. Unfortunately a lot of people customize 1911s thinking they can do adequate gunsmithing at themselves. "Trigger jobs" are one of the biggest offenders, even when done by professional gunsmiths.

Anywho, what matters is that you're comfortable with what you carry and proficient with it. Wish we could do more shoot-n-herfs. I try to get one together every year since there's a free range on state land near me. However, it's tough to get people to make the drive as I'm somewhat out in the sticks.

Here's a shot of a couple inmates at said range
Old 03-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #6617
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Exclamation Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
oh man...now i want to do some shopping...
Top Gun Supply has the mags and accessories in stock and prices are a little better than hkparts...just sayin'
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #6618
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Wish we could do more shoot-n-herfs. I try to get one together every year since there's a free range on state land near me. However, it's tough to get people to make the drive as I'm somewhat out in the sticks.

Here's a shot of a couple inmates at said range
Our pal elderboy02 did such an event last year, and is planning another in the summer. He sent me a Facebook invite thingy on it, guess he won't mind me mentioning it here.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #6619
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

This may have already been posted here, but I'm an irregular in this thread, so there it is, possibly again:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/these-weap...ool-1538693310

Weapons with cutaways as art. Seriously cool.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #6620
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Pretty cool Mark

And Metamucil should help with the irregularity issue