Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Goodfellas arrested

I wonder if when they make the sauce in jail if they'll slice it thin enough for it to dissolve in the olive oil?

Quote:
In an indictment that reads like the script of "Goodfellas," alleged mob captain Vincent Asaro, 78, and other alleged members of the Bonanno organized crime family are accused of murder, racketeering, armed robbery, arson and extortion.

In the infamous Lufthansa robbery, a band of robbers stole about $5 million in cash and nearly $1 million in jewels from an airline cargo building in the largest cash robbery in the nation's history at the time.
If you've never really read about the actual members, Joe P's character was even more of a crazy S.O.B. than he was in the movie, in 'real life' his family ran the LA Mob, and it's widely thought that John Gotti grabbed him and killed him because he killed Gotti's good friend (yes without permission), it was all related to the "get your shine box" scene in the movie. He was also a huge kid (young) over 6' tall and very muscular, not really the same a Joe P. I actually found the facts to be far more interesting than the movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Goodfellas arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I wonder if when they make the sauce in jail if they'll slice it thin enough for it to dissolve in the olive oil?

If you've never really read about the actual members, Joe P's character was even more of a crazy S.O.B. than he was in the movie, in 'real life' his family ran the LA Mob, and it's widely thought that John Gotti grabbed him and killed him because he killed Gotti's good friend (yes without permission), it was all related to the "get your shine box" scene in the movie. He was also a huge kid (young) over 6' tall and very muscular, not really the same a Joe P. I actually found the facts to be far more interesting than the movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
What's funny is at work today with some of the guys i notice that men talk about the mafia the way some women can gossip about soap operas.

"oh there's no way they couldn't make a move on Sonny black, I mean he brought Donnie into the family so that's why they had to cut his hands off before they killed him"

Of course I'm there with them so I can't say much about it either
Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Well the talk about how Gotti liked to take his time when he killed someone, he liked to get his hands dirty as it were and you are talking about one of his best friends getting killed, so it was going to be even worse up to keeping him alive and letting him get his strength back just to take him right to the edge of dying all over again, so the best guess is that it took days for him to finally die. That's pretty F'ed up.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
What's funny is at work today...
Funny like how? Do I amuse you?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
funny like how? Do i amuse you?
lmao!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You're hovering over me like impending danger!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Fogedaboudid
Old 01-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Ya know........you're just funny.......
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Fogedaboudid
What have you heard about that guy from downtown?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
Felixcigar
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Felixcigar is on a distinguished road

Having grown up in the Bronx, I can tell you with certainty that the mafia is misunderstood: why so much commotion about the
Mothers And Fathers Italian Association?
Felixcigar is offline   Reply With Quote