Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #21
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ninja Rant - Advise me, or be ninja'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Forget that isht about being in your sights! I was busy making a pot of (hopefully) badass chili.

Here's my experience: if I disagree with someone, they have about two minutes to change my mind. And vice versa. If you can't change my view in two minutes, anything afterwards is just wasting both of our times.

So that's my input. If YOU know you are right, that's good enough. If they don't agree... F*ck 'em!
Peter,

Thanks bud.

One thing I learned a while ago is sometimes you just have to let people come around on their own. Right?
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
Keep asking questions like that and you may soon find out! :P
ummm ok sport
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
It must be bad if you keep throwing out threats like that!
It's not bad. I just like to get the input of others from time to time to make sure I'm not off my rocker. And I think the responses have pretty much resonated my own thoughts. So if that is the case I can't be too far off the median opinion... right?

As it pertains to cigars, LOKI, I happen to be a cigar smoker. And the people on the board happen to be cigar smokers. I don't know if you've ever posted in any of my previous threads, or if I've posted in any of yours, but if my post has somehow annoyed you because you don't find it to contain enough cigar relevant material then please feel free to petition a mod to have it moved.

And please don't take that to be a veiled threat... it's more of an offer... if you want to find out how it pertains to cigars... just pm your addy. I'll be happy to share the meaning with you. In a good, freindly way.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's not bad. I just like to get the input of others from time to time to make sure I'm not off my rocker. And I think the responses have pretty much resonated my own thoughts. So if that is the case I can't be too far off the median opinion... right?

As it pertains to cigars, LOKI, I happen to be a cigar smoker. And the people on the board happen to be cigar smokers. I don't know if you've ever posted in any of my previous threads, or if I've posted in any of yours, but if my post has somehow annoyed you because you don't find it to contain enough cigar relevant material then please feel free to petition a mod to have it moved.

And please don't take that to be a veiled threat... it's more of an offer... if you want to find out how it pertains to cigars... just pm your addy. I'll be happy to share the meaning with you. In a good, freindly way.
no annoyance here mate. hope you got the information you were looking for. Personally I'd probably have told someone to get ****ed, but that's me.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #25
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

This past week we were asked by my company how we felt about upcoming lay offs, or as they put it displacements. I told them how I felt in as calm a voice I could muster. I told them it made no since for this company to worsen the current state of the ecomony and take jobs to another country. I pointed how a big cause of the current economic state is because companies like them made deals that should have never been made. I asked how they could take bailout funds from tax payer dollars and then put people out of work and move jobs to another country. Granted they paid back the funds. But the point was it was tax payer dollars they used, but now they are turning their backs on the people who helped them achieve record profits and revenue.

While I was saying all this, I knew nothing was going to change their mind, I also knew my job could and will probably be moved. But I got to say my piece and I felt better about it. Even if they were wrapping dog crap in a bow and saying it was a gift. In the end it is still dog crap.

All that matters is that you get to say what you want to say. And in the end if you believe in what you said and feel right about it then that is all that matters. Hopefully at least one person truly hears you and starts to think along the same lines. If not, f**k em
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #26
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
no annoyance here mate. hope you got the information you were looking for. Personally I'd probably have told someone to get ****ed, but that's me.
Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would you:

A) Tell them to **** off (my personal favorite)
B) Smoke one or shut up (second personal Fav)
c) I'm sorry sir, try an A. Fuente Sun Grown instead
D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

As it pertains to what I do, that's better left for another post.

Best Regards,

JB
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Jeremy, sometimes, working hard is not enough to convince ignorant douche bags that your work is not only rewarding but a serious career choice. In 1995, my wife opened up a wedding business and we lived in a mobile home. You can imagine the laughter we received, even from our own family. Comments like, "are you serious? Who is going to even give you the time of day much less trust you with their wedding if you live in a 'trailer'?" lots of hard work and 16 years later, we have out lasted many of the very family businesses that criticized us and have watched competitors drop like flies. They're not laughing anymore and we are a very respected business in our area, save for the occassional asswipe, we come highly recommended by our customers as proved by posts in our facebook page.

My advice is to ignore these butt rangers, chuckle under your breath and a few years from now when you build/buy that nice house with a couple of luxury vehicles in the driveway, then they will see how serious and committed you were. Screw 'em! And good luck! I know you can achieve whatever you set your mind to.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #28
Kneo
The Second One

Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

[quote=ninjavanish;1395836]Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would yo

D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have
gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

Best Regards

JB[/QUOT

I would go wit b, people shouldn't talk smack until they have tried it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Jeremy, does this shop do internet sales. I have found some awesome tasting house cigars. My daughter also finds them in Cali and sends them to me. PM info if they do.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

For lots of years I busted my ass doing three times the work of my peers for the same pay, because it made me happy. As I got older, it got harder to work so hard, so I got smarter and still had the same results. Then it got harder yet, so I used what I'd learned to produce the same kind of results using other guy's hands who worked for me.
I found that their was a lot of animosity when numbers time came around every week and my crews overwhelmingly outperformed the rest, so I (and they) suffered a lot of displaced idiocy from name calling to sabotage.
I never spent a second trying to defend the fact that I was doing right. I still don't, and never will. It's silly that sometimes we suffer for our positive influence on whatever we're doing, but jealousy, hatred and malice are always going to be there. If you focus on the problem it gets bigger, and if you throw wood on the fire it gets bigger. If you're right, you're right. It doesn't require a defense. Ever.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #31
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
For lots of years I busted my ass doing three times the work of my peers for the same pay, because it made me happy. As I got older, it got harder to work so hard, so I got smarter and still had the same results. Then it got harder yet, so I used what I'd learned to produce the same kind of results using other guy's hands who worked for me.
I found that their was a lot of animosity when numbers time came around every week and my crews overwhelmingly outperformed the rest, so I (and they) suffered a lot of displaced idiocy from name calling to sabotage.
I never spent a second trying to defend the fact that I was doing right. I still don't, and never will. It's silly that sometimes we suffer for our positive influence on whatever we're doing, but jealousy, hatred and malice are always going to be there. If you focus on the problem it gets bigger, and if you throw wood on the fire it gets bigger. If you're right, you're right. It doesn't require a defense. Ever.
Well said, Scott.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #32
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

dont waste time with people you dont respect, or those that dont respect you
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
Lear31MX
Herf Crew of 2

Trading: (8)
QdO
Lear31MX will become famous soon enoughLear31MX will become famous soon enough

Life's to short to have to please all the idiots
Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #34
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

I would simply ask them in a very direct but not rude way with a slight hint of sarcasm.

" Thanks for bring this to my attention. Now, how do you purpose I go about performing my daily dutes in the most proficient/efficient manner? Your vast knowledge of our day to day operations never ceases to amaze me. Please teach me so that I too can become a stellar employee such as yourself. "

FYI, The world needs people like that (haters)... That way they only befriend others like them & not normal people like you & I...
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #35
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would you:

D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

Best Regards,

JB
Is this the situation or simply a hypothetical?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #36
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Remember opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one.
Actually thanks to a new medical procedure that statement is no longer true, having said operation is why Mac is so damn nice!

I don't fully understand the question asked in the OP so I can't really give a quality answer.
But stupid is as stupid does is what gumps momma always said.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #37
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

A favorite saying from a very smart guy I work with:

"Never argue with an idiot because a bystander may not be able to tell the difference"
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #38
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
how is this cigar related
It's because his job is heavily concerned with the manufacture, distribution and promotion of the Leaf.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 09-02-2011 at 11:50 AM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #39
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
A favorite saying from a very smart guy I work with:

"Never argue with an idiot because a bystander may not be able to tell the difference"
I like: "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #40
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I like: "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Soooooooooooo ture...