Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: WTF is wrong with people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoey959 View Post
Well, I was kinda on kinda off my property, I was standing next to the mail boxes for the neighborhood, but I have no clue where she is from since there are apartments across the street and 3 other neighborhoods very close by.

I figure she will think twice about doing that again, she probably leaned some new words
I thought you were in the process of picking up the water hose when she came over?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
Bruce
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (2)
Bruce is on a distinguished road

should have sprayed her with the hose as you pretended to retrive your cigar.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #23
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

i still cant believe this
I cant even imagine what I would do in the same situation
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #24
gijoey959

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I thought you were in the process of picking up the water hose when she came over?
There are... uhh... idk what kind of trees those are, but yeah, they're by the mail boxes

Don't get me wrong guys, I was angry as a hornet, but what was I gonna do? I'd rather come tell the internet about my problems than spend a night with the friendly neighborhood sherrif's department

Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
bresdogsr
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
bresdogsr is on a distinguished road

I would have hosed her off.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #26
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
There are... uhh... idk what kind of trees those are, but yeah, they're by the mail boxes

Don't get me wrong guys, I was angry as a hornet, but what was I gonna do? I'd rather come tell the internet about my problems than spend a night with the friendly neighborhood sherrif's department
Maybe they are shrubs

Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #27
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Are you kidding? If I saw her again I'd follow her home, find out where she lives, then deliver a letter with an itemized bill for the cigar. Also with a nice note that if payment isn't received that you're sending it to a collection agency.

Sorry to hear this though dude, some people just have no respect or common sense.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
Confederado
Out of the Humidor

First Name: David
Trading: (0)
Punch
Confederado is on a distinguished road

Assault, larceny, and damage to property ... and you set a bad example by smoking?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
gijoey959

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Maybe they are shrubs
>_>

<_<

Small trees, shrubs, same thing

Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #30
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about

Here's what I would've done in that situation. After her lecture, with a maniac tone tell her "Your lecture only makes my Pen*s HARDER!" Then proceed by inviting her into your house. She's probably gonna start walking away and scare the crap out of her for a while.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
>_>

<_<

Small trees, shrubs, same thing

Old 10-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
njstone

Oh my gosh. That is illegal! Destruction of personal property! Were you on your own land? Even if it was a public street/apartment complex, etc, as long as it's legal to smoke there she has absolutely no right to do that.

If that happened to me, I would go to her house and speak to her husband and demand a cash payment to compensate for the cigar.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #33
Gargoyle
Got Coffee?

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Gargoyle will become famous soon enough

... and they say smokers are rude (which I find to be complete false, btw). What a *****!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #34
ChicagoWhiteSox

Wow, now that I actually have thought about it seriously, it's really scary that people these days think they can pull that sh!t. I thought I lived in the US

Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #35
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

May have told this before, or at least in part.

Had bought a new pipe - brand new - never smoked, a nice Don Carlos straight billiard. Anyway, picked up the mail, opened my box up, stuck my new pipe in my mouth to see how it felt and drew, and went to WalMart. When I got there, I went inside - unsmoked pipe in my mouth.

So there I am, walking around WallyWorld when this lady spies me, storms over three aisles, and proceeds to tell me how offensive it is that I am smoking a pipe in the storn and how bad it smells, and how inconsiderate I am.

I told here it wasn't lit.

She explained that the smell still bothered her, and continued her tirade.

As she ranted, I buttoned my black shirt collar, took out the white tab in my pocket. and then I took the pipe out of my mouth, interrupted her and said, "Lady, this pipe has NEVER been lit. If you are smelling it, then you have a prophet's nose, for you are smelling the future.

It is then that she noticed my presto magical change and simply stares at my clerical collar, mouth literally hanging open.

In the moment of silence I proceeded to explain to her the 8th Commandment, and how she has just broken it by lying about me - loudly and publically - with no evidence.

As she continued to stare at me, I put my pipe back in my mouth and continued shopping.

A little while later, a little old lady hustles over to me. Thinking I'm going to get it again, I was going to hustle away, but she was too quick. She walks up and asks, "May I smell your pipe, my husband smoked, and I used to love the smell."

I gave her the pipe with a shrug, "Sorry, never been smoked. I just got it today."

"Damn," she said, as she handed back the pipe, "I looks like a nice one though."

It is! And it smokes well.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #36
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I think I might be in jail if that happened to me.
I KNOW I would be in jail.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #37
Cakebread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
May have told this before, or at least in part.

Had bought a new pipe - brand new - never smoked, a nice Don Carlos straight billiard. Anyway, picked up the mail, opened my box up, stuck my new pipe in my mouth to see how it felt and drew, and went to WalMart. When I got there, I went inside - unsmoked pipe in my mouth.

So there I am, walking around WallyWorld when this lady spies me, storms over three aisles, and proceeds to tell me how offensive it is that I am smoking a pipe in the storn and how bad it smells, and how inconsiderate I am.

I told here it wasn't lit.

She explained that the smell still bothered her, and continued her tirade.

As she ranted, I buttoned my black shirt collar, took out the white tab in my pocket. and then I took the pipe out of my mouth, interrupted her and said, "Lady, this pipe has NEVER been lit. If you are smelling it, then you have a prophet's nose, for you are smelling the future.

It is then that she noticed my presto magical change and simply stares at my clerical collar, mouth literally hanging open.

In the moment of silence I proceeded to explain to her the 8th Commandment, and how she has just broken it by lying about me - loudly and publically - with no evidence.

As she continued to stare at me, I put my pipe back in my mouth and continued shopping.

A little while later, a little old lady hustles over to me. Thinking I'm going to get it again, I was going to hustle away, but she was too quick. She walks up and asks, "May I smell your pipe, my husband smoked, and I used to love the smell."

I gave her the pipe with a shrug, "Sorry, never been smoked. I just got it today."

"Damn," she said, as she handed back the pipe, "I looks like a nice one though."

It is! And it smokes well.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #38
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I KNOW I would be in jail.
Maybe I could share the cell witcha D?

Seriously though. Wow. Some people have issues. Even more issues than I.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #39
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Let me get this right. You let someone take a cigar out of your mouth?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
Zens7s

I'd like to say I was surprised but then I saw you live in Texas. I can totally picture some self-righteous suburban house-wife/trophy wife, etc. thinking she could get away with that and not have a guy knock her block off. Where I grew up, 1,000 miles north from where I live now in Texas, some woman pulls that crap and she would have had the hose turned on her.

I've had my fair share of situations with people confronting me about my cigar smoking though, even IN a cigar lounge. My favorites are the men who tell me that as a woman I have no business smoking cigars. Or the women who elect to come over to me and think I'm the easy "sister" to appeal to and get "my men" in line and stop them from smoking.

Closed Thread