Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Favorite Parks, Stadiums or Arenas????

Everyone loves going to sporting events and even though we go for the game the place it is played can add to it. I am leaving on Friday morning for my baseball trip with some buddies and my step-son.

We walk all over the parks , try the local foods and try to take it all in.

I'll give my opinion( Positive) and I would love to hear others.

Nicest Park(eliminate history just nice park and expierence) Miller Park and Comerica I thought were beautiful fun and friendly. Till we went to AT&T. My Nicest Park- AT&T in San Fran weather was great. Views were awesome Sat last row in Right field with back to McCovey Cove. Petco in SanDiego a close 2nd.

Best Park/ Stadium( Bring on History) Hate the RedSox, but standing next to the Green Monster was really cool, not really a Yankee fan, but monument park gave me the chills, Wrigley as advertised big party in an old stadium.
But my favorite there was nothing like walking into Lambaeu in late November with a minus 6 windchill.

Neatest food- Corn off the Cob at Cellular. Garlic Fries in AT&T( smelled like garlic for days). Dodger Dog. Brats in Miller Park.

Love to hear some stories!!! Not that I need help getting ready for the trip, but this will help.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Favorite Parks, Stadiums or Arenas????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post

Best Park/ Stadium( Bring on History)
But my favorite there was nothing like walking into Lambaeu in late November with a minus 6 windchill.
Of course living in Green Bay, home of Super Bowl XLV Champion Green Bay Packers I must concur. Fans are nice, will give the opposing team fans crap, but not in a violent or demeaning way. GREAT atmosphere and history. Nice to see a FL guy appreciate the cold weather!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quest Field. The place is insane, I was last there during a pre-season game. It was louder than a Led Zeppelin concert right next to the speaker. Everyone is screaming and the atmosphere is electric. Now only if they had somewhere I could have a cigar and watch the game...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I have to admit that I am not experienced in major league stadiums/ballparks, but I spent 4 nights at Busch and thought it was great.

Was in St. Louis for a conference, did some serious damage those few days....good times. Bought tickets for one game before we ever left. The tickets were in "Homers Landing" and all the beer, dogs, nachos were free. Every other night, we had made "acquaintance" with a guy that would pester us all day, but we’d wait until after first pitch and get tickets for dimes on the dollar.

I stayed at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, this was the view from my room.

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I have to admit that I am not experienced in major league stadiums/ballparks, but I spent 4 nights at Busch and thought it was great.

Was in St. Louis for a conference, did some serious damage those few days....good times. Bought tickets for one game before we ever left. The tickets were in "Homers Landing" and all the beer, dogs, nachos were free. Every other night, we had made "acquaintance" with a guy that would pester us all day, but we’d wait until after first pitch and get tickets for dimes on the dollar.

I stayed at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, this was the view from my room.

Really cool!!!! Busch was very nice! A lot like Philly's stadium.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Here is The BIG A

Old 06-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Now Mike, you know you're going to get maybe 25% of people who actually give you a stadium other than their home stadium!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post

I can not stand Larrussa and Carpenter, but I'm definitely jealous. The Cards ball park is beautiful and I wish I had a hotel room that I could watch a game from out of the window.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
Now Mike, you know you're going to get maybe 25% of people who actually give you a stadium other than their home stadium!
Giving your own stadium is fine with me, but let's here why????

I love The Trop, where the Rays play. -- 72 degrees, no rain outs, a cigar bar to have a pregame smoke or go to if we are getting our butt kicked.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
a cigar bar to have a pregame smoke or go to if we are getting our butt kicked.
Ohhhh, that qualifies as awesome!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Quote:
Ohhhh, that qualifies as awesome!

In the Reds fan thread I posted a pic of me having a pregame smoke, with a cigar city maduro, in a nice leather chair, all at 72 degrees in the Trop.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Everyone loves going to sporting events and even though we go for the game the place it is played can add to it. I am leaving on Friday morning for my baseball trip with some buddies and my step-son.

We walk all over the parks , try the local foods and try to take it all in.

I'll give my opinion( Positive) and I would love to hear others.

Nicest Park(eliminate history just nice park and expierence) Miller Park and Comerica I thought were beautiful fun and friendly. Till we went to AT&T. My Nicest Park- AT&T in San Fran weather was great. Views were awesome Sat last row in Right field with back to McCovey Cove. Petco in SanDiego a close 2nd.

Best Park/ Stadium( Bring on History) Hate the RedSox, but standing next to the Green Monster was really cool, not really a Yankee fan, but monument park gave me the chills, Wrigley as advertised big party in an old stadium.

Neatest food- Corn off the Cob at Cellular. Garlic Fries in AT&T( smelled like garlic for days). Dodger Dog. Brats in Miller Park.

Love to hear some stories!!! Not that I need help getting ready for the trip, but this will help.
I hate the Yanks, the Red Sox, and the Cubs I have a love/hate relationship with. Despite that, I'd love to go to their ballparks/stadiums. Boston and Chicago are the only remaining teams that play in historic stadiums. I know NYY fans are happy they got their new park b/c of all the upgrades for fans, but old Yankee Stadium was hallowed ground, and should never have been demolished. Detroit and the Yanks should be kicked out of baseball for getting rid of these historic sites (hyperbolicly speaking). I know that many other places have been demolished over the years (Crosley Field was torn down in the 70s, home of the Cincinnati Reds and the FIRST NIGHT GAME), but baseball to me is all about reminiscing the past. That's why it's a slow and methodical game. It always brings you back to the good old days, regardless of where it's played.

I realize my post is hypocritical, and this statement will add to it, but I wish we had some more of the cookie cutter stadiums right now (astroturf, like Riverfront, the old Busch stadium, Veterans Stadium, Fulton County, and the Astrodome).

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #13
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD View Post
Here is The BIG A

Meh...

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I hate the Yanks, the Red Sox, and the Cubs I have a love/hate relationship with. Despite that, I'd love to go to their ballparks/stadiums. Boston and Chicago are the only remaining teams that play in historic stadiums. I know NYY fans are happy they got their new park b/c of all the upgrades for fans, but old Yankee Stadium was hallowed ground, and should never have been demolished. Detroit and the Yanks should be kicked out of baseball for getting rid of these historic sites (hyperbolicly speaking). I know that many other places have been demolished over the years (Crosley Field was torn down in the 70s, home of the Cincinnati Reds and the FIRST NIGHT GAME), but baseball to me is all about reminiscing the past. That's why it's a slow and methodical game. It always brings you back to the good old days, regardless of where it's played.

I realize my post is hypocritical, and this statement will add to it, but I wish

we had some more of the cookie cutter stadiums right now (astroturf, like Riverfront, the old Busch stadium, Veterans Stadium, Fulton County, and the Astrodome).

I kind of made the separate categories for that reason. For the history Yankee, Fenway, Wrigley, old Tiger stadium, Soldier Field, Texas Stadium, and
Lambeau can't be touched. But truth be told other then Lambeau, they are absolute dumps. The history is what us real fans want.

As far as cookie cutter to me it's the new parks. They all are a spinoff of Camden yards. Beautiful and they all have their touch, but no history.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #15
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I kind of made the separate categories for that reason. For the history Yankee, Fenway, Wrigley, old Tiger stadium, Soldier Field, Texas Stadium, and
Lambeau can't be touched. But truth be told other then Lambeau, they are absolute dumps. The history is what us real fans want.

As far as cookie cutter to me it's the new parks. They all are a spinoff of Camden yards. Beautiful and they all have their touch, but no history.
I can agree with that. It's nice to see the retro look, but they all copied Camden b/c it was the first to do so.

Nowadays, I just wish one park would bring back the astroturf. Yes, it could be detrimental to players careers, especially outfielders, but the hop the ball brought just isn't there anymore. I miss the mix between grass and astro. Toronto and Tampa Bay have fake grass, but it's not anything like the old astroturf.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

I haven't been to many places but there is nothing like catching a Kansas City Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. It is the atmosphere that is amazing. An old stadium that was made right. So loud you can't hear squat.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
I haven't been to many places but there is nothing like catching a Kansas City Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. It is the atmosphere that is amazing. An old stadium that was made right. So loud you can't hear squat.
Never been, but I've heard Arrowhead is pretty cool.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Quest Field. The place is insane, I was last there during a pre-season game. It was louder than a Led Zeppelin concert right next to the speaker. Everyone is screaming and the atmosphere is electric. Now only if they had somewhere I could have a cigar and watch the game...
ummm, it's not qwest field anymore.

my wife and i like to go to a baseball game whenever we are in a city that has a team. I must say, they nicest ballpark that i have seen thus far is Camden Yards in Baltimore.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #19
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Quote:
Never been, but I've heard Arrowhead is pretty cool.
X2
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

As far as my favorite, the only stadium I've been to that still is in existence, is BOA Stadium in Charlotte. Good place, but it's always overrun with opposing team fans. I've been to Fulton County Stadium, but it's been gone for years.

If you want to count NASCAR tracks as stadiums, I've been to Rockingham, Darlington, and Charlotte.

Never been but my favorite stadium of all time is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyNYq1gHFM I lived nearby for two years when I was a wee lad, but I never made it there to a game. Too late now.

Insert quote here.