Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
lopro
FREE TIBET!

First Name: Loren
Trading: (1)
lopro is on a distinguished road
Default MotoGP anyone?

This season was good.... but, I can't wait for next year!!

I got 3+ hours of Valencia testing footage on my computer. I'm waiting for the right time (maybe with a Man O' War?) -- I can't wait to see Spies on the factory bike, Stoner on the Honda and Rossi on the duc......
lopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MotoGP anyone?

Ok so I admit I haven't followed Moto in a while, but when did Rossi go to Duc?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Yes this year was ****ing awesome. After last year I knew Lorenzo was going to do it. Nicky Haden did pretty darn good too, I was impressed with him this year.

I can't wait for next year too.. I have always been a fan of Spies. After he came in to WSBK and kicked ass I was really impressed. I hope he can eventually give the top European riders a run for their money in GP.

I never thought Rossi would go to Ducati in a million years. I have a bet with my buddy right now if Ducati is going to let him wear hes crazy color or are they going to dig in their heels with red only.

I don't understand why Honda wants 3 factory bikes on the grid.. Pedrosa and Stoner do not get along so this is going to get interesting.

Moto 2 is a great series to watch too, I don't know if you watch the last season?

How can I forget WSBK??? I love these guys. What the hell happened to Haga? I hope next season he comes back hard, I want him to win a championship.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Next year looks set to be an absolute stunner. Six months to go and I already can't wait.

You can probably guess where the bulk of my sympathies lie, but I'm pulling pretty hard for Spies, too. Got to hang out with him and Hopper a little bit as they traded victories at PIR about ten years ago. If he's anything now like he was then, he's a great guy.

Oh, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
What the hell happened to Haga? I hope next season he comes back hard, I want him to win a championship.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
Next year looks set to be an absolute stunner. Six months to go and I already can't wait.

You can probably guess where the bulk of my sympathies lie, but I'm pulling pretty hard for Spies, too. Got to hang out with him and Hopper a little bit as they traded victories at PIR about ten years ago. If he's anything now like he was then, he's a great guy.

Oh, and...

I have always liked Hopper. I wish he didn't have so many accidents to hamper his career. Hes riding AMA right? I stopped watching it once the owners of Nascar bought it.

I also can't wait till AMA supercross starts back up too.

When Supercross or GP starts back up we should start a 2 wheel racing thread in the banter section so we can BS post race.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
lopro
FREE TIBET!

First Name: Loren
Trading: (1)
lopro is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Hayden definitely surprised me. He deserved a few more podiums than he got.

I think Rossi will wear mostly red, but he'll have his crazy colored DOCTOR on his ass still and his neon 46... how could he not?????? (jmsremax, Rossi JUST switched to ducati and will race on it next season, so you're not far behind).

Unfortunately I didn't get into Moto2 at all... I hear there were some really great races, I'll try it out next season.

I'm stoked for Biaggi (and Aprillia) in WSBK, but I didn't watch too much of that either... I mostly watched it for Spies the year before.
lopro is offline   Reply With Quote