Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
maxnmisty435
trying to find my way

First Name: Jason
Trading: (28)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
maxnmisty435 is on a distinguished road
Default ISO an artist

I have an image that I would like drawn out and slightly modified for a tattoo I am thinking about getting. If you can help please let me know. I am sure we can work out something for payment.

Jason
maxnmisty435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ISO an artist

I can tell you from experience... if you want to have the best work done as far as tattoos go, shop around for artists and talk to them. If they don't think they can pull off your piece they may be able to direct you to who can. Visit shops and check portfolios and have your favorite 2 or 3 artists draw you up a sketch of what you want. Some artists will require a deposit of 10-20 bucks for the drawing, but you can see if you REALLY want that to be on your body the rest of your life. The reason I say have a tat artist draw it up is that not everything that goes on canvas goes well onto the body, and a skin artist will know what will and will not fly.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Another thing I forgot... If you want to get the best quality work out of an artist go into a shop and give them guidelines of what you want, but give the artist creative freedom and make them put their heart and soul into the work. If it is something they are proud of they will own that piece of work and put a lot more effort into it. When I was piercing I would hear the artists *****ing about the same stuff when people gave them either really stupid tats or no creative freedom.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

check my gallery here when you have a chance. May be able to help, may not. Never thought of a tattoo for my art, so I won't be offended if you pass.

Juts thought I would throw it out there!

M
muhren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Muhren's gallery is worth looking at even if you aren't in the market for a tattoo I love that Tat Black and the T110 piece... one day!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
troy d.

Jesse is right about having a tattoo artist draw it up for you. I myself have several tats and have even help in the design of some. But tattoo artist know what can and can not go good on the body.