Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
kzm007

Default Chewing tobacco flavors?

Are there any sites that would help me find different flavors of chewing/pouch tobacco? I'm almost out of my first pouch of Work Horse, and I'm looking for something besides the 'raisin' flavor, which I don't care for. Something long-lasting perhaps.

Is there anything that any of you recommend? With the colder weather coming, it's a pain for a college student like me to have to go sit outside in the rain/snow/chill, and not be able to fully enjoy my pipe.

Thanks - Kegan
Old 11-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chewing tobacco flavors?

Not the advice you're looking for but, in the interest of helping a BOTL, quit NOW! Pipes and cigars are nothing like chew and you can get hooked big time. When that happens, it's hell to quit. It's hard on your teeth and gums and a turnoff to the women and expensive as the dickens when you get up to 2 or 3 cans per week.

Just a bit of advice from an old duffer who chewed Skoal for 40 years and quit 5 or 6 years ago. Hardest thing I've ever done.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
kzm007

Noted, thank you, but I did specify pouch tobacco, and not can snuff. I may be ignorant to it, but doesn't Skoal/Cope/Grizzly, etc. contain more nicotine than pouch tobacco?

As I said, I'm only doing this because I like my nicotine fix, and it's far too cold to properly enjoy my pipe out of doors at the moment.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm007 View Post
Noted, thank you, but I did specify pouch tobacco, and not can snuff. I may be ignorant to it, but doesn't Skoal/Cope/Grizzly, etc. contain more nicotine than pouch tobacco?

As I said, I'm only doing this because I like my nicotine fix, and it's far too cold to properly enjoy my pipe out of doors at the moment.
I thought you were talking about snuff in pouches. You're talking about "chew" like "Redman" or "Beechnut" or plug. I used to chew 'em all.

I think you might be right about nicotine content being higher in "snoose" over the loose leaf stuff. I think the stuff you're talking about has lots of sugar, though. But, as long as you have good dental, it won't cost too much to have your teeth replaced.

30 some years ago, I smoked a pipe quite a bit. I had a GBD bulldog and every bowl was an outstanding smoke. I was pushing corn silage on a big stack with a 950 Cat front end loader and went to grab my pouch which contained my pipe and tobacco out of my down vest and it wasn't there. Then, I remembered that I'd gotten out to talk to one of the hands and I figured it slid out of my vest pocket. I found it. The whole works was about 1/32" tall as I'd driven over it with the CAT.

Cigars and pipes never had "a hold" on me. I can go without a cigar for days with no cravings or withdrawal. Not so when you're really hooked on snuff. I had to constantly dip all day to keep nicotine levels up or started feeling "goofy". I don't know how I'd react to the pouch stuff and you can bet I'm not going to find out. I'd quit several times before it "stuck" and always told myself that one dip wouldn't hurt. Big mistake.

Anyway, if you can nip it in the bud at a young age, you'll be miles ahead. And, you'll save money you can spend on cigars or pipes. I can't help think that either will be not as bad for you as chew.

WyoBob
Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

when I chewed it was nothing but Griz Mint but that stuff madde me feel drunk. I luckly quit while I was ahead after watching my firend try to quit after years of chewing
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
when I chewed it was nothing but Griz Mint but that stuff madde me feel drunk. I luckly quit while I was ahead after watching my firend try to quit after years of chewing
When I quit (several times), I got so spaced out, I couldn't walk a straight line. I sat in the Lazy Boy for two days, drank lots of water and it was over. But, walking down the hallway (on the way to take a wizz) , I bounced of the walls and had a hard time with balance. Not the most comfortable feeling in the world. (I'm much less "spacy", now)

WyoBob
Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

Don't chew..After 25 years of Copenhagen i am so glad I quit. My mouth feels so much better
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Look for Stoker's brand chew. Very good stuff. Butternut, Peach, Apple, Black Wild Cherry, Tropical, Tequila Sunrise, Fred's Choice (Vanilla).

http://www.ryotobacco.com/page/ryot/CTGY/chew
Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
kzm007

Thanks man. Snagged a pound of peach, we'll see how it goes.

Kegan
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Whoa whoa now fellas.. there is a huge difference between DIP and CHEW.

Chew - comes in a pouch, loose leaf tobacco that you actually chew like gum. My faves are Redman (gold blend if you can find it) and Beach-Nut.

Dip - comes in a tin and is fine grains of tobacco that are processed and flavored. My faves would probably be Skoal Apple and Vanilla, Kodiak Wintergreen, and Rooster (sadly discontinued).

I'm not a big chewer/dipper but it is enjoyble sometimes when you can't go outside for a smoke or want something flavorful. Just watch your gums and cheeks! They will get shredded with prolonged use...

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
kzm007

My thoughts exactly, I've never dipped though.

Like the pic btw classy.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm007 View Post
My thoughts exactly, I've never dipped though.

Like the pic btw classy.
Thanx
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote