Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just bought a 600ct humi and need advice

Man, I don't know what to do! I read on the CA forum that there was no difference between them and the HF beads...ugh.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
Drat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
x100

I started with the heartfelt beads, and now use Shilala's beads for everything and swear by them. they WORK.

Don't use kitty litter. You WILL regret it one day. Compared to the money you spend on cigars and a nice case, the money for the beads is small... but will save you weeks of headaches in the future. And the beads will pretty much last forever.
If enough of us say the same thing, maybe he'll listen?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #23
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
Man, I don't know what to do! I read on the CA forum that there was no difference between them and the HF beads...ugh.
Big difference. One major difference is one is made for absorbing cat pee and the other is made for regulating humidity in humidors.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Big difference. One major difference is one is made for absorbing cat pee and the other is made for regulating humidity in humidors.
+1. Get the beads. The beads absorb extra humidity and release humidity when it is too low.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #25
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

I can tell you from having both that Shilala beads are rock solid. Like I said earlier I haven't had to add anything to them for around 4 months. On the other hand heartfelt at least in my case it seems to add water every month or so. I ended up getting rid of most of my heartfelt and got Shilala beads. I still use HF in the cooler though.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #26
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Top notch!!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #27
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

I fired off an e-mail to him so hopefully soon he will let me know. So what does 2lbs run...rough estimate?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #28
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Kitty Litter will not help. There is no evidence to support them. Shilala did the research and you might need more than enough to fill your humi to even be effective. Spend the $30 or so to buy RH or HCM beads, then you won't have to monkey with anything.
Eric there is some wisdom here...save yourself some money now by getting the right product the first time.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #29
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

You CANNOT go wrong with Shilala's beads. It is a one time cost, and then they are almost worry free. I haven't had to boost em up but a couple times in almost a year.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #30
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I fired off an e-mail to him so hopefully soon he will let me know. So what does 2lbs run...rough estimate?
It'll be more than the kitty litter, but WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Don't scrimp on the humidification. You will regret it if you do.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #31
RockonBigB

Scott's beads are amazing. I have them in 2 vino's and they worked so well that I ended up putting them in my Avallo to work with the Acumonitor to keep humidity down during the summer months. It is on of those investments that you will never regret.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #32
pmp

I personally vote for a CO or hydra and a pound or two of beads.

well at least until I start selling the crystals in bulk. Then I will recommend those because they do work very very well.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #33
SixPackSunday

ok guys i wasnt going to say anything, but i'll go ahead and brace for the flaming

I used kitty litter for roughly 3 months with NO regrets what so ever. my humidity held perfect at 65% and I only had two pounds in there (600ct humi). The only reason I no longer use them is because I moved to a cigar oasis. At the time I was strapped for cash and $16 for 7 lbs of ktty litter was something I was willing to try. I got the 100% oscilla beads unscented. The only reason I have an oasis now is because I snagged a barely used one for half price on another forum.

hate if you must, but for 3 months there were no rewatering them, no odor, and a crazy cheap remedy for perfect humidity. I'm not saying they DONT work i'm just saying for three months they DID work.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #34
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL

That is the same thing that I read.....man...what to do.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #35
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Kitty litter is for kitty poo...yucky!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #36
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Just for the sake of argument, you're going to fill that humi with sticks at a conservative estimate of about $2000.

Invest another $100 for peace of mind and get the beads.

Kitty litter may do well in a stable environment in the winter months, but it won't handle the humidity swings you'll see come the summer months.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #37
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL

alright shililah you gotta pm me back! So confused!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #38
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Just for the sake of argument, you're going to fill that humi with sticks at a conservative estimate of about $2000.

Invest another $100 for peace of mind and get the beads.

Kitty litter may do well in a stable environment in the winter months, but it won't handle the humidity swings you'll see come the summer months.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #39
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Make an investment in your cigars and buy a product that has been proven to work time and time again. HCM beads and Rh Beads are used by most members of forums, sold by well respected vendors and members and are designed for humidity regulation not just addition.

I realize you read 6pack's testemonial on another site. Kitty litter is designed to keep cat pee from stinking up your room and is designed to clump around poop. I realize that 6pack and some other noobs have used them with some success, but they are not designed for that use and will not handle fluctuations and provide a constant proper environment.

Spend the $30-$50 or so that you should in a good product that will last forever.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #40
leasingthisspace

I think he is the only one that can make up his mind.
Posted via Mobile Device