Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #241
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

What is the line on the Florida/Bama game?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #242
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Mikey, I hardly think Florida has an us against the world mentality, nor do they need one. Florida is the nouveau riche golden child. Bit of trivia for ya...when is the last time Florida came into a game as an underdog?

I do, however, think Florida has this game circled for the wrong reasons. And that starts at the top.
Last time UF was an underdog....hmmm i'd guess the 08 SEC championship against ya'll.

One big concern I have for Florida this game is that no body on our young team has had to comeback from behind, especially Brantley. Not to mention come back from behind on the road in Bryant-Denny! Bama might be young but you've already handled a tough comeback win and are really creating an identity, as you mention. Florida's identity is still nascent.
Think we can be in real trouble if we find ourselves down by two possessions in the second half and the Bama D knows we have to be aggressive and not do short passes

Gators will have to have some big special team plays, get consistently good field position so Brantley doesn't have to drive the whole field, win the tournover battle, create big plays and hold Bama to 21 points or less to come away with a W. Needless to say thats a lot to ask lol
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #243
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Opened Bama -7, now -9
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #244
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
The Line posted on the Yahoo! Sportacular app is Alabama -9.0 O/U 48.0
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #245
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Last time UF was an underdog....hmmm i'd guess the 08 SEC championship against ya'll.
Oct '07 vs LSU

Quote:
One big concern I have for Florida this game is that no body on our young team has had to comeback from behind, especially Brantley. Not to mention come back from behind on the road in Bryant-Denny! Bama might be young but you've already handled a tough comeback win and are really creating an identity, as you mention. Florida's identity is still nascent.
Think we can be in real trouble if we find ourselves down by two possessions in the second half and the Bama D knows we have to be aggressive and not do short passes

Gators will have to have some big special team plays, get consistently good field position so Brantley doesn't have to drive the whole field, win the tournover battle, create big plays and hold Bama to 21 points or less to come away with a W. Needless to say thats a lot to ask lol
I think you're dead on. Florida can't afford to get down early. If they do, you could see a repeat of last year's game. I don't think that will be the case though because our D just isn't there yet. But I really, really , really, hope y'all load the box to stop the run.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #246
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Oct '07 vs LSU

I think you're dead on. Florida can't afford to get down early. If they do, you could see a repeat of last year's game. I don't think that will be the case though because our D just isn't there yet. But I really, really , really, hope y'all load the box to stop the run.
Two key things to watch out for on Florida's D: (1) the play of the defensive line, particularly DE #6 Howard, he's been a force. (2) UF leads the universe so far this season in interceptions with 12. Definitely be needing a defensive line push led by Howard, Jenkins to contain Julio Jones and the secondary as a whole to get a few picks

Is it Saturday night yet??
Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #247
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Two key things to watch out for on Florida's D: (1) the play of the defensive line, particularly DE #6 Howard, he's been a force. (2) UF leads the universe so far this season in interceptions with 12. Definitely be needing a defensive line push led by Howard, Jenkins to contain Julio Jones and the secondary as a whole to get a few picks

Is it Saturday night yet??
Heh. Not so much. It's the middle routes and slants that they'll eat you up with. Stuff the box and count on a 6yrd toss. Get busted on a screen and count on the Jones link up unless he's swarmed... Then they'll hit ya for a quick 5+. How many times did McElroy even attempt to throw a pass longer than 7yrds? Not many at all. And our safeties aren't exactly stellar. Coverage was fairly good... but not THAT good. No, they knew we would try to contain the big plays.... so they beat us up with those middle routes. Look for more of that against UF.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #248
Powers

Bolivar

This article gave me immense pleasure . Its a good contrast of fan loyalty with the SEC

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7631000.story
Old 09-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #249
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Even Tebow couldn't put a dent in that juggernaut last year. And now you guys have lost
key players, had injuries and otherwise given UF fans a good scare. BUT, because math
is black and white, I agree, you have a chance, lol.

As much as I value our friendship, Brad, Alabama hardly appears to be a "juggernaut" so far this season. Great team, but barely got by Arkansas. UofF certainly has a chance in the game.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #250
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

As much as I value our friendship, Brad, Alabama hardly appears to be a "juggernaut" so far this season. Great team, but barely got by Arkansas. UofF certainly has a chance in the game.
Careful... UF barely got away from us last year too. And it took the SEC officials to do it for them.

...and I won't even mention how much better we are this year. But hey, thanks for not giving us any credit.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #251
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Careful... UF barely got away from us last year too. And it took the SEC officials to do it for them.

...and I won't even mention how much better we are this year. But hey, thanks for not giving us any credit.
It had nothing to do with you (The Razorbacks), and everything to do with Alabama.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #252
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
It had nothing to do with you (The Razorbacks), and everything to do with Alabama.
So what you're saying is that Alabama isn't that good this year b/c they nearly lost to the Razorbacks? Isn't that the same as saying that the Razorbacks aren't a very tough team?

...I wouldn't be too sure

From this season alone:

Offense is #3 in passing offense (365 ypg) - #1 SEC
Offense is #17 in total offense (468 ypg) - #2 SEC
Offense is tied for #16 in Red zone conversion (92.86%) - #3 SEC*
Defense is tied for #2 in sacks (14 sacks) - #1 SEC
Defense is #10 in tackles for loss (31 tfl) - #3 SEC
Defense is tied for #19 in the nation in scoring defense (14.5 ppg allowed) - #4 SEC
Defense is #16 in passing defense (156.8 ypg allowed) - #2 SEC
Defense is #28 in total defense (297.0 ypg allowed) - #4 SEC
Defense is #28 in 1st downs allowed per game(16 1st downs per game) - Tied #3 SEC
ST is ##27 in yards per punt (44.62 ypp) - #4 SEC
ST is # yards per punt return (12.86 ypr) - #2 SEC
ST is tied for #1 in FG % (4/4 100%) - #1 SEC
ST is tied for #1 in PAT % (16/16 100%) - #1 SEC
ST is #29 in yards per kickoff (65.88) - #2 SEC

Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #253
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Yep, we pretty much suck.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #254
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
So what you're saying is that Alabama isn't that good this year b/c they nearly lost to the Razorbacks? Isn't that the same as saying that the Razorbacks aren't a very tough team?

...I wouldn't be too sure

Saying that Flordia is better than the Razorbacks, Max (I understand your opinion probably varies), and thus Florida has a chance against Alabama despite all the talk to the contrary. Also saying that Alabama is not the "juggernaut" that they were last season so far, but of course all that can change with Ingram and the rest of the talent they have.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #255
Powers

Bolivar

Hannah Storm is such an idiot. SportsCenter just went to a commercial and she said "the Crimson Tide make a trip to the Swamp this saturday...."

I did get excited for a moment though!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #256
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Decent read...

Finebaum
Old 09-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #257
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Decent read...

Finebaum
Loved it!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #258
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Decent read...

Finebaum
I'd call it a great read bro!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #259
Powers

Bolivar

Week 5 Notable Matchups:

Kentucky at Ole Miss

Tennessee at #12 LSU

Georgia at Colorado

Oh yeah.......
#7 Florida at #1 Alabama
Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #260
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Go Big Blue
Go Tigers - hurts but it is UT
Go Dawgs - that one always hurts!!!

A HUGE go Gators!!!