Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hate ebay/heypal fees and new procedure

so today 2 days aftr positive feedback was left on the item they were still holding the funds. I literally had to call them/ er the guy in the India call center and have them review the account. 15 minutes on the phone to get them to release the funds they were already supposed to have done. Just one more little slap in the face.

So all you guys with under 100 feedback beware. When you sell on Ebay and use ****** these days dont expect to get your money immediately. You also may have to call in and demand your funds released as they are violating there own policy. Good times.

On the upside I now have the funds to order me and Bam a box of Por Larranaga sticks. Only delayed the order a few days
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #22
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
so today 2 days aftr positive feedback was left on the item they were still holding the funds. I literally had to call them/ er the guy in the India call center and have them review the account. 15 minutes on the phone to get them to release the funds they were already supposed to have done. Just one more little slap in the face.

So all you guys with under 100 feedback beware. When you sell on Ebay and use ****** these days dont expect to get your money immediately. You also may have to call in and demand your funds released as they are violating there own policy. Good times.

On the upside I now have the funds to order me and Bam a box of Por Larranaga sticks. Only delayed the order a few days
What a crock of ****!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #23
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

omg. I think they found a new way to get more money.
So before it seemed like you paid about 7% or it seemed to be what I paid when I listed. Today I got this

" We're writing with some exciting news about eBay fees. Starting June 16:
Every 30 days, your first 5 Auction-style listings will have NO Insertion Fees when you list with eBay's Sell Your Item form or Simple listing form--regardless of your start price.

The first 5 listings with no Insertion Fees will have a Final Value Fee of 8.75% of the sales price or $20, whichever is lower. Additional items sold during the same 30-day period will have the same Insertion Fees and Final Value Fees as they do today."

So they make it sound like they are giving you a deal but in the end now they are charging you almost 9% of the purchase price. Then you add in the 3% from heygal and you are now paying 12% for most average sales.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #24
kzm007

I sell on Amazon. Made like $536 bucks in two weeks, Amazon takes a small commission fee, and credits you the shipping costs even - doesn't completely cover things it seems, but it's a nice gesture.

After paying to ship 30 or so different products, I found I paid $100 out of pocket for excess shipping costs not credited - some things weigh more, yadda yadda.

The money goes directly into your checking account and is sent there every two weeks, or sooner if you request it yourself. No credit cards are used, and you verify your seller account via an automated five-second phone call.

I'm 19, in college, and many of these items wouldn't get sold otherwise. I go into this not intending to get rich, so it's like a yard sale without having to fuss with tables and all that. I may take a loss, but at least things are out of the house.

You can get free Priority boxes from the post office even, if I recall.

No need to bother with photos, page displays, or Papal. Just describe your item as accurately as you feel necessary and wait. The items stay in your seller inventory until you sell them, or up to 60 days, where the listing closes. You can always relist, I've never had to wait so far.

So yes, I'm very pleased with Amazon. It may not be 'perfect' but it sure isn't eBay!