Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Quesada tributo Alvarito

The smallest of the Quesada Tributo series is the Alvarito, a 4½x40 petit corona which costed 3 euro in The Netherlands when they were still available. They are off the market now and replaced by the Quesada Espana series, here in the Netherlands.

The band is pretty, simple but stylish just like the foot band. The wrapper is dark and shiny, it looks laquered, that’s how shiny it is. The cigar has a horse stable smell and a good construction. The predraw is great and I taste dry chocolate.

I taste coffee with a hint of nutmeg. The spices slowly get stronger while the coffee disappears. After half an inch I mainly taste spices with spicy herbs and a sugar like sweetness.

After a third the spice leaves and I taste more wood with the herbs and spices. The sweetness has disappeared too. After two thirds the cigar gets quite spicy again.

This cigar has a smoke time of an hour and twenty minutes. The draw is a bit tight. I got plenty of medium thick smoke and a firm pepper and salt colored ash. The wrapper of this full flavoured and medium bodied cigar cracked halfway.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10